Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August Dog Days

According to some legends, we are just past the official "Dog Days of Summer" - the hottest, most sultry days of the season.

Too hot for dogs. Days that are stagnant or marked by a lack of progress.
Harley says it's never too hot for napping. 


This August has 5 Sundays,5 Mondays & 5 Tuesdays,all in 1 month.
The next time we get five Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays in August will be August 2021.

And, it also had a Friday the 13th.

August is the eighth month, renamed by the Romans from Sextilis',  to honor their emperor, Augustus.

The biggest holiday this month is Left Hander's Day.  Right handed people operate in the left side of the brain. Left handed people use the right side.

Therefore, only left handed people are in their right mind.

Shop for nifty left handed items here.

International Left Hander's Day was first celebrated on August 13, 1976. It was started by Lefthander's International.

Everyone is a Left Hander in Left Hand, West Virginia.

Sinistrophobia is the fear of left-handedness or things on the left side.  I guess we have a word for everything these days.

As for Dear Miss Mermaid, I'm in another world with horrific head pain. It's so bad, my head has fallen on the floor, into the sink and on the grass. I just keep picking it back up then putting it back on. 


I noticed at some point, my dress was on backwards. How can that be?  So next time my head fell off, I put it on backwards too. Now I look fine, but I feel strange. 


He hasn't officially popped the question, so maybe I won't get married after all. Well, dress shopping sure was fun anyhow!


SOS!
Dear Miss Mermaid
 relies on Subscriptions and Book Sales
 to reduce her hospital debt and survive.
THANK YOU for your support.

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Hurricanes and Hangovers by Dear Miss MermaidBuy Dear Miss Mermaid's Book:

Hurricanes and Hangovers
and Other Tall Tales and
Loose Lies from the
Coconut Telegraph
by Dear Miss Mermaid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earth's Biggest Selection!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for becoming a Follower of our blog. Carol is an avid reader and I just bought her an eBook Reader. Are any of your books available in the ebook formats(ebub,pdf,etc)? Would love to download for her.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!