Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Foul or Fowl

Most days, these pictures click to enlarge. I don't  understand this blogger platform. Some days it follows my current template, other days an older template. What's the use of a template, if it's randomly in effect?


Cute "Gone Fishing"sign on the back of a mega sized Class A RV


Maybe i should just go back to bed...




I thought my tiny nightlight clock in the bathroom read 7am. Actually it was 6am. My thermometer clock and dashboard radio clock are both off by an hour, because I haven't dug up the directions to change them both. The microwave clock is usually right, because it has to be reset every time I plug into electricity at a campground.



A watch minus its broken watch band is stuck to double-sided sticky tape which is stuck to a cabinet in the kitchen. Since it has an old fashioned clock face, it was easy to reset it to the correct time when daylight savings rolled around. For 22 blissful years, I did not have to deal with daylight savings time changes. Now, in America, it's a twice annual evil I dislike mightily. I think of it as a modern day hoax, a ridiculous idea.



My puppy is sleeping with my friend in the guest loft. I feel so jilted. I came outside with my laptop computer, thinking I would sit and type, waiting for the sun to come up.



Just as soon as I wiped the dew off the big long tablecloth on the picnic table, set up the computer, made my coffee, pulled up my favorite chair, and got all cozy typing, a light rain began.



*SIGH*



So I found my folding table in the basement of the mini-motorhome, set it up under the half open awning, we had put out yesterday to ward off the impending rain. This worked, because it didn't rain after we put it out. I was concerned it would rain, because I was doing a load of laundry at the facilities halfway across the campground. Doing laundry often makes it rain. At least it worked in the Caribbean, where I hung out all my clothes to dry. That was a guarantee, it would rain. Some campgrounds won't allow clothes lines, so you often have to use the electric dryers. Tumbling clothes dryers tend to shorten the lifespan of clothes, because it beats them up while drying them.



However, I did allow my clothes to go in the electric dryer, except for a beautiful winter sweater. I brought it back,laying it across the table cloth on the picnic table, to dry in the semi-sun of yesterday afternoon.



This morning after I moved computer, coffee, notes, chair and myself, to under the awning, working at the folding table, it of course, stopped drizzling.



I was hoping to watch the sun rise across Indian River which runs parallel to the Atlantic Ocean. Instead I was treated to a foggy dim glow.



Driftwood in the Indian River on the Space Coast of Florida


No idea what kind of berries these are, so I didn't eat any.

Lots of water fowl at Long Point Park Campground in Florida

I love my new camping spot, doggy has a big play area for his tether too.

More fowl hanging about.

 
A Big Thank You To  Angels
Who Help Support a Recovering Mermaid

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid  for only 3 cents per day
Support a Crazy Mermaid
Step 1 Make a PaymentStep 2 Sign up for Email Posts (Optional)

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Subscription Delivered to your Email
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
(no spam, just the blog)
***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!