Monday, March 21, 2011

Blown Away


I came to the bridge over the intracoastal waterway. It's about 70 feet above sea level. A temporary sign had been posted there.

"High Winds, Use Caution."

The winds were indeed very  strong.  Matter of fact,  I was blown 40 miles off course.

Somehow I managed to go over the same bridge twice. Only the second time, there was just the lone sign pole, trembling in the moderate gale force winds. You could see where the sign was ripped away, damaging the pole.

I burst out laughing. So a word to the wise, if you see a naked sign post trembling in the wind, before a big bridge, use caution, the winds might have blown the warning sign to parts unknown.

Like me.

I drove off the left page of the atlas, got lost in the spiral bound, and before I made it over to the right page, I had gone over 40 miles out of the way.

Usually I don't mind getting lost, but today, I actually had "A PLAN" to be somewhere by 2pm.

Like a typical sailor, I arrived late. Only 4 hours late.

Puppy and I were both just plumb tuckered out. And we forgot to stop and do the laundry, so tonight I washed some of it by hand. I figured up a semi-easy way to do that, well maybe I should say, a less painful method...

There's been a lot of chaos in my life recently, more on that later. I tangled with a crazy woman who promised one thing, but... it's a long story for another day.

It's now 1am and I am feeling like my sea legs are failing me. I think I'll take my doggy and chocolate, and go night night.
OK, it's BRAGGING time!
My latest yogurt efforts in my wheel estate yielded this creamy thick yogurt.
It was So thick, I just had to show you, but how to capture the difference between thick or thin yogurt on film?  So I stuck the spoon in it.  As you can see, the spoon is upright with no help at all, except from the heavenly yogurt.
Angels must be making this stuff, when I'm not looking!




A Big Thank You To  Angels
Who Help Support a Recovering Mermaid

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid  for only 3 cents per day
Support a Crazy Mermaid
Step 1 Make a Payment Step 2 Sign up for Email Posts (Optional)

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Subscription Delivered to your Email
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
(no spam, just the blog)
***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!