Friday, April 15, 2011

Ut Oh

A big dark storm seems to be brewing. Hartwell Lake is kicking up waves from the gusty winds. Pollen is dropping everywhere. I cleaned the huge patio yesterday and the day before and the day before that. 


Today it looks a wreck, pollen and dried up dead leaves everywhere. As Harley unintentionally drags up sticks with his tether, I toss them in the fire pit. Of course some sticks he plays with for sport. There is dead wood from fallen trees all around me, how I wish I had a chain saw, to slice some up for fire wood. 


Maybe I can work on borrowing one. I have a tiny axe, I bought at a yard sale. it's an antique, so I love it's heft and it's proven rather useful several times camping already. It was far cheaper than a new one. I bought it from an old man who inherited it from his old man. 


I am scrambling around trying to get my work done yet securing things for the impending storm. I guess I should get the awning ready to furl in next. 


The problem is, I have a deadline to meet today.  It's the last day to get my government application in for possible future work. 


Well, if you don't hear from me again, I just blew away!



A Big Thank You To  Angels
Who Help Support a Recovering Mermaid

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid  for only 3 cents per day
Support a Crazy Mermaid
Step 1 Make a Payment Step 2 Sign up for Email Posts (Optional)

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Subscription Delivered to your Email
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
(no spam, just the blog)
***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!