Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You Made My Day

Here I am puttering around Hartwell Lake, when this bottle washed up ashore with a note in it, for me!


I thought I would share it with you. It made my day. :)



Dear Miss Mermaid,

I just wanted to send you a note to let you know how much I appreciate your writing and to tell you how much of a blessing it was to find you.

I discovered your blog through the RVForum, which I recently joined after my husband and I purchased our very first "rig." I was confused over the difference between the original blog and the "other" blog and who wrote what so I decided to start at the beginning of the "other" blog. Once I got engrossed in the story of your hospital ordeal (and what an ordeal it was!) I couldn't stop reading. So for the past few days every spare moment has been spent reading the blog from start to present day!

Have you ever read a book that made you fall in love with the characters so much that you dread finishing the book because you know you will miss spending time with the characters? That's exactly how I felt reading your blog but it was exciting to know that the story would continue!! I also think I should mention that the last book that gave me that feeling was Don't Stop the Carnival. So because of the comparison between that and your book, your book is now in my virtual Amazon cart. Can't wait to read it! (I'll leave a review!) :)

The thing I most appreciate about your story is the perspective you bring of America and Americans having been away for so long. So many of your observations are, sadly, so spot on. But the really sad thing is that as I read your words, I can see some of those unattractive qualities in my own life (i.e. My addiction to my stuff, most of which is useless, and taking those things and my ability to pay for them, for granted.) You've given me a lot of food for thought. But one thing we do have in common is a general positive attitude and the ability to keep on a smile even when times are tough. I so agree that laughter is the absolute best thing to cure any ailments. Oh, and we both have a love for the canine kids in our lives! I have two.

I gotta tell you, I can honestly see the shear joy and feeling of content in Harley's eyes in every picture. I can just imagine him telling his new canine friends in his own doggie language how great his human mom is and then brag about all the adventures she's taken him on. What a joy those fury ones can bring to one's life, huh?

I'm thrilled to see you have landed a workamper job for the season. That must be a relief. I hope your health continues to improve and that you're able to return to the islands some day soon to live a full, healthy, stress-free life.

Well, I hope this letter is further inspiration to keep on doing what you do because now that I've discovered you I would feel really sad without my daily fix! I hope one day we end up at the same campground. I would be honored to meet and share some rum with you!!

Cheers!
Pam, from Chicago

Dear Pam,

You are such a dear!  Your wonderful letter brought tears to my eyes. Thank you very much for reading my entire blog.  Oh my gosh!  That is quite an accomplishment. I am so flattered beyond words. If anything, it cures insomnia!

The original blog, was me reporting the Caribbean weather and island tales from about 1998 forward at StormCarib.Com, mostly on the Tortola page.  I thought I had a complete listing of the archives of my zillion postings there, but can't seem to lay my finger on it. 

I am trying to amass a site map of my articles and writings scattered across the web. It's turned out to be more of a monumental task than I realized!

Then I've had electronic meltdowns lately. The computer was ate alive by a virus, the camera went wompy, and it just overwhelmed me, but I am getting it all back together. Ha!  Famous last words. But I LOVED your letter. It sure brightened my crazy day!




A Big Thank You To  Angels
Who Help Support a Recovering Mermaid

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid  for only 3 cents per day
Support a Crazy Mermaid
Step 1 Make a Payment Step 2 Sign up for Email Posts (Optional)

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Subscription Delivered to your Email
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
(no spam, just the blog)
***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!