Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Time to Shuffle Along


Welaka Florida by http://DearMissMermaid.Com
Harley sleeping by http://DearMissMermaid.Com
Wake me up when you are ready for me to drive.
Time to bust up the camp in Welaka, Florida and hit the road. We are days behind schedule. I feel like dog poop, but thinking of driving anyhow. Time will tell if I make it out of here or not today.







I just discovered last night, you can buy and keep instant music from Amazon.  In other words you can download individual tunes or albums and listen to them moments later. I must be the last to understand this newfangled technology. A musician friend wanted to learn a particular song. We were able to download it from Amazon for 99 cents.  He listened to it over and over about 5 times, then sat down at his keyboards, playing and singing the song flawlessly. Simply amazing. Not sure which impressed me more... that you can buy instant music on your computer or that he could just learn a new song that quickly without any paperwork involved. I have to have written music in front of me to play anything at all on the piano. I guess I have no real talent other than being able to read sheet music and play it.  My friend, on the other hand is a musician magician.

2 comments:

  1. Schedule? What's that? Where are you headed next? Where ever that is, hope you have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you make it to your destination in time to rest up before they put you to work!
    I envy people like your friend who can play be ear. I can't play by ear or by looking at music anymore!
    My niece is an amazing piano player but didn't get in to her school orchestra because she can't read music!

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!