Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Hurricane Sandy is headed my way. 



Where will she go?  There's a 50-50 chance the weather gurus are right or wrong.

I am in the boonies on the east coast of Florida, south of St Augustine and north of Palm Coast. 

Sorry you haven't heard from me. I've been wore out exhausted and I have poison sumac or something on my skin.  I am slathering Aveeno Anti-Itch Concentrated Lotion on anything that itches. So mostly I have a pinky hue about me. 

I am also washing with Aveeno Active Naturals Fragrance Free Skin Relief Body Wash.

Aveeno is made with oatmeal which is a natural skin relief. I guess by now I smell like breakfast. 

I am also trying to wash anything and everything in the motorhome to get rid of any possible oil residue from the poison sumac. 

Yucky poo. 

I feel like a complete idiot!  My gas tank is not full and I've always kept it full until I arrived here in Florida, been real busy, not had time, I forgot, the usual excuses. Here comes hurricane Sandy. 

Forgetfulness...

Can be dreadful or a welcome relief...  I forget which...

Anyhow here comes Hurricane Sandy.  I need to go out in the current rain storm and buy gas.  Grrrrrrrr...

Otherwise I run the risk of being able to buy none if the power goes out.  In my current state, I won't have enough to start the generator which won't start on less than a half tank and stops on a quarter tank. 

OR should I just run like mad.  I am tired of hurricanes, giving my Caribbean past. But I feel wretched. Just plain old wore out, beat down. 

More (or less?) later.

2 comments:

  1. Lets hope it keeps well offshore. We have plans to head for Mayport, Fl on the water at the Naval Station on Tues.

    Definitely a good idea to get fuel-just in case:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were having wildfires in Colorado, I made sure I had a full tank of gas and sometimes disconnected the water and sewer at night, it case I had to leave in a hurry. I hope the storm passes by you - they are talking about New York or New Jersey, but you will probably still get a lot of rain.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!