Thursday, May 23, 2013

Good Clean Fun

Today I am having an attack of the giggles.  I surely need some comedic relief. At the height of last night's storm I was scurrying around my mini motorhome for a change in undies and attaching a note tag to my big toe.

Just in case.

These are products, ads and comments I've accidentally stumbled upon on Amazon. I've included the current links in case you want to see for yourself.  I didn't make these pictures up, just funny clips I threw in a file whenever I came across something that titillated my warped sense of humor.

It started when I read a hilarious review about Orcon LB-C1500 Live Ladybugs, Approximately 1,500 Count

Orcon LB-C1500 Live Ladybugs, Approximately 1,500 Count by Dear Miss Mermaid

I think the Ladybug man is testing out his sit-down comedy  on the Amazon review platform. This is probably why they've added a computer installed "Amazon Verified Purchase" to the reviews that qualify (notice his doesn't have this badge included.)

Only 4 of 13 people found his review helpful. Even funnier!  Keep your day job dude...

OK, let's go green.

Save mother earth!  Stop executing all those trees for the endless printing many do now that computers enable anyone to print anything and miles of it too.

Mr. Ellie Pooh Natural White Elephant Dung Paper (100pc Ream)

At least no elephants were injured in the making of this product.  But the paper is two-fold, we've cleaned up the planet of that pesky elephant dung everyone is always tripping over and we've not chopped down any trees for our ravenous printers.

Mr. Ellie Pooh Natural White Elephant Dung Paper (100pc Ream) by Dear Miss Mermaid



As a bonus, it's great for origami.  When I was a mere child my mother bought me Origami books and  thin colorful exquisite paper for my birthday.  Pretty soon I had the whole house littered with my paper art. (Origami is the art of paper folding without the use of glue or scissors to make paper sculptures.)

I was forced to give up on Origami when I used up all my remaining paper while failing miserably at learning how to fold a grand piano.  I had already accomplished an upright piano, but longed for the paper grand.

Ah those lofty childhood pursuits...

I also loved to play with a beautiful dollhouse my grandfather built. One Christmas Santa Claus brought me miniature furniture for it and another time he delivered tiny dishes.

But for the sophisticated child, you can now buy the
Dollhouse Miniature 3-Pc White Wine Set

Dollhouse Miniature 3-Pc White Wine Set by Dear Miss Mermaid

This struck me as hilarious, because American culture generally abhors child drinking, but Amazon is a multi-national company which might explain why there are only 8 left in stock.

You might want to hurry up and make your purchase because the Dollhouse IRISH WHISKEY and SCHNAPPS is already sold out!

I had no idea this was such a coveted toy or addition for a child's dollhouse. It gives a whole new meaning to happy hour.

Dollhouse IRISH WHISKEY and SCHNAPPS by dear miss mermaid


Speaking of toys... let's move on to some good clean fun!

How did the Design Sense Generic Weener Kleener Soap end up in "Toys and Games"?

Maybe it should be in the adult toys and games... not sure you want your child having this kind of good clean fun while the rest of the family is frantically waiting on their turn in the bathtub.

Looking over the ad carefully, I see there is another ad to "Find the Perfect Gift For Your Kid". Maybe they put that there in case the Weener Kleener Soap wasn't quite the child's toy you were seeking.

Another hilarious aspect is at the bottom of the product display, you are encouraged to "Share your own customer images".

Thankfully no one has shared their customer image, but it sure must be a popular product because 63 people have written reviews about it.

I suppose next time you are shopping for a male that is impossible to buy for, you can always get him this gift. Chances are, he doesn't have one in his toiletry kit.

On another note, it makes a great wedding gift for the budget minded shopper. The product display gives you a choice of buying this item new or used (at a discounted price) but you better hurry because there are only 3 used ones left in stock.

Design Sense Generic Weener Kleener Soap by dear miss mermaid

Dear Miss Mermaid thanks you for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. What a hoot,my ex husband could have used the Weenie
    soap.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!