Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sudden Storm and Minor Damages


Everything looked fine in the morning. No mention on the weather about a horrible storm headed this way.


The umbrella was previously attacked in Georgia by a sudden squall that literally appeared out of nowhere. I left the bent ribs because I was afraid if straightened them, they would break. That fuzzball is Harley doing back flips on the rug.

A few hours later a storm just came out of nowhere!

After the hail, rains and winds, I was left with bare poles. I woke up from the fever induced nap, ran out to rescue it, but while I was cranking it down, the fabric vanished. Some of the ribs bent even more. I hope I find the rest of the umbrella one day soon. Maybe it went back to Georgia?


All these boaters went out before the storm yesterday. Look how beautiful the morning was unfolding to be. They apparently heard the same weather report as I.

The hail on my motorhome roof was so loud, that when the phone started ringing, I couldn't hear a thing on the other end. I have no idea who called.

Whatever stung me yesterday made me super sick. I don't know what to do about it, so I am drinking liquids to flush it out of my system. This means many trips to the broom closet (where my toilet resides.)

All I can say is I am thankful I woke up alive, but I am sore about the sting and sorry about the storm.  Oh well. Today was just another adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, ow. You sure are getting your share of storms there. Sorry about the umbrella :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, what a scary storm. (Not a drop of water here in 105 degree heat!) :-( More scary is your bite - I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!