Thursday, May 08, 2014

Joyful and Thankful

No matter what this crazy world dishes out next, I am just super lucky to wake up alive. Life is fantastic! The sun came up, the birds are chirping, spring weather has rushed into summer time rather quickly.

I owe a heap of thanks to so many readers, fans, angels, friends, framily, subscribers, supporters, contributors and the powers to be up above.

In this day and age it's difficult to mention religion or politics without coming under attack. I am a wimp, so I try to avoid stress, it only makes things worse for me at this point and time.

But then again, I once read an interview with Roseanne Barr. They were talking about how she has come under attack for various things. She said something along the lines of "It's the nail that sticks up that gets hammered the most!"

I suddenly felt empowered, just reading that. It made me want to be less of a wuss and more of a nail that sticks up.

Lately I am sticking up for mother nature (and getting hammered too.)

Um, a friend of mine says "getting hammered" means getting drunk! Oh dear. Not the thought I was conveying.

My workamping spot. 
Oops! That's my laundry hanging out back, guess I should
bring it inside. The last folks left a satellite dish behind, so I've used it to hold up the clothes line. I have no need for satellite and I heard the cost is prohibitive. But to each their own. For me it works great holding up the laundry.

~~~~~~~



5 comments:

  1. I think "holding up the laundry" would be the only use I'd find for a satellite dish as well. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could turn it face up seal the bolt holes and make a bird bath. put a few rocks in it. some birds like that. i'm not one.

    i live in indiana. just curios do your birds chirp all year?

    peaceup raz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I am not the only nut who is anti-satellite dish. I'm just sorry they left their mess behind for me to deal with. But since it holds up the laundry now, I am not as miffed about the clutter.

    I do repurpose many things, the bird bath sounds fun.LOL!

    I don't know if the birds chirp here or anywhere all year or not because I am not in the same spot all year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok were they chirping when you stayed in florida last winter?

    peaceup raz

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!