Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Stormy Sunshine

tioga montara, fleetwood, class C,28 feet, 1994, rv
Above is a photo I took the day I arrived. The first two days I was too tired to set up camp, but I started dragging the odd thing out as needed. Then I had company stop by and more accouterments were unpacked and brought outside, the awning was unfurled, the umbrella propped up and so on. The weather was wonderful, outdoor living was heavenly. 

A week later it looks like the circus came to town! I am glad I snapped this happy picture below, because 48 hours later, we had a storm sneak up on us. I am still cleaning up from that mess. 

hunting island state park, south carolina

In the picture below, Harley dog and I are being fanciful with our shadows. I look very tall and he looks like a great big doggy.

Lately when folks ask the famous question I hear so often; "What kind of dog is that?" I keep a straight face and tell them "A miniature St Bernard."

Notice the green stripes across the sand. This greenish hue appeared in streaks at low tide for several days.

lowcountry south carolina

Harley dragged me across the beach in a remote area to go investigate this dog that appeared to be sitting on the beach. When we got closer, he slammed on the paw brakes to study "it".

"It" turned out to be a piece of driftwood.
rving, rv adventures, south carolina, fulltime rv living

Meanwhile Harley and I had a minor bike boo-boo so we are both taking it easy, licking our wounds. The visiting campground chaplain stopped by and fixed the crooked handlebars on the bicycle. What luck, an earthly angel came to assist! Soon we will be peddling around. I just need to repair Harley's bike basket and I think we'll be good to ride soon.

Life is goof!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earth's Biggest Selection
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!