Monday, May 18, 2015

Pretty Good Shape For the Shape You Are In

And when you're alone, there's a very good chance
you'll meet things that scare you right out of your pants.
There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much you won't want to go on.

But on you will go
though the weather be foul.
On you will go
though your enemies prowl.
On you will go
though the Hakken-Kraks howl.
Onward up many
a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.

On and on you will hike,
And I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.

Excerpt from "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss (Click for more info)

I was frightened and scared  to ride down a super busy highway to
eventually end up here, at a lighthouse I climbed
to the top of many times as a child.

No I didn't climb it on this day,
I don't think I will ever be able to do that again,
but never say never!

The dog went with me and a friend rode on his bike too.
It was like having my own little cheering section to get me there.
(Or maybe I was too embarrassed to let them down.)

Truth is, I have tried many times to make this ride,
but finally after 5 or 6 attempts spread over more than 2 years,
 I FINALLY GOT THERE!
Maybe I should quote from Dr Seuss's "You're Only Old Once!: A Book for Obsolete Children " which finishes on a happy note; "You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in!”

Ha ha ha, that's not me, but who knows... miracles happen. 

Trivia...
Dr. Seuss considered "You're Only Old Once!: A Book for Obsolete Children" as a protest against unnecessary and expensive medical procedures. He said he was, “Fed up with a social life consisting entirely of doctors.”

AMEN to that!











No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!