Thursday, May 07, 2015

Six Months of Travel to 11 Campgrounds

Out there things can happen, and frequently do,
To people as brainy and footsy as you.
And when things start to happen, don't worry, don't stew.
Just go right along, you'll start happening too!” 
Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Early on when I bought my motorhome, I read on someone else's blog that they took a picture of everywhere their camping rig spent the night. That sounded like fun advice, so I started doing the same thing. I also keep a log book near my driver's seat. It's a mess, only I can read most of it, but it shows my mileage, where I stop to camp  and some other foolishness like fuel purchases so I can figure out the average miles per gallon (frightening!)

Maybe I don't get far, don't go fast, but each day I wake up alive is a miracle.

I am very thankful for you my readers and angels who have encouraged me to keep rolling along in spite of the chaos of a body that is failing fast, and an old rig that is cantankerous. I really have no complaints, I remind myself all the time, "Be happy, be grateful!"

I am super grateful for the wonderful folks like you that give me hope and cheer me onwards. Amazing that I have survived over 5 years in a little old motorhome, 28 feet by 7 feet of tiny home sweet home. The living space is efficient but I have a roof over my head (it still has one annoying leak I just can't find!) but life ain't perfect but it sure is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

THANK YOU for stopping by today! Thank you for your subscriptions and donations. You have kept one eccentric mermaid and her crazy little dog smiling for miles.

Someone said I should write campground reviews, but I am afraid I would sound so repetitious such as "Small rig friendly, love it here!" I seem to fall in love with every place I camp. My doggy is the same way, he is excited to arrive and never happy to leave but at the next place he is wildly enthusiastic to arrive.

I tried to make a map of the past six months but google folks have decided to eliminate the map program that worked and replace it with a "new" one that doesn't work. So another techno mess for me. Those folks at google have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands to be messing up everything like this. Last week or so they messed up my bookmarks with some newfangled program so that I can't find a thing anymore, can't save stuff the way I like to (simple!) and well just wrecked my super simple easy system. I found a way to force it to revert back, but I have no confidence that at some point google will force the new system back on me against my will.

Today I was searching for a way to use the former map program that worked for me (the new one doesn't work for me at all!) and I found a petition to ask google to bring back the working map program. I have no delusions that they will listen to the lowly customers, but I signed it anyhow. You can sign it at this link too.

Now a brief trip down memory lane:

1 : Wickham Park, 2500 Parkway Drive, Melbourne, Florida, United States
 Wickham Park, 2500 Parkway Drive, Melbourne, Florida, United States
 Wickham Park, 2500 Parkway Drive, Melbourne, Florida, United States

Arrive November 15, 2014
Depart March 1, 2015

2 : Long Point Park, 700 Long Point Road, Melbourne Beach, Florida, United States
 Long Point Park, 700 Long Point Road, Melbourne Beach, Florida, United States
 Long Point Park, 700 Long Point Road, Melbourne Beach, Florida, United States
Arrive March 1, 2015
Depart March 26, 2015

3 : Indiantown Marina,16300 Southwest Famel Boulevard, Indiantown, Florida, United States
Arrive March 26, 2015
Depart March 30, 2015
Indiantown Marina,16300 Southwest Famel Boulevard, Indiantown, Florida, United States

4 : Hardee Lakes County Park, Bowling Green, Florida, United States
Hardee Lakes County Park, Bowling Green, Florida, United States
Arrive March 30, 2015
Depart April 8,2015

5 : Visit Harley's Friends, Orlando, Florida, United States
Arrive April 8,2015
Depart April 10, 2015

6 : Escapees Sumter Oaks RV Park, 4602 Co Road 673, Bushnell, Florida, United States
Escapees Sumter Oaks RV Park, 4602 Co Road 673, Bushnell, Florida, United States
Arrive April 10, 2015
Depart April 14, 2015

7 : Sunset Isle RV Park & Motel, 11850 Highway 24, Cedar Key, Florida, United States
Arrive April 14, 2015
Depart April 17, 2015
Sunset Isle RV Park & Motel, 11850 Highway 24, Cedar Key, Florida, United States

8 : North Beach Camp Resort, 4125 Coastal Highway, Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
Arrive April 17, 2015
Depart April 22, 2015
North Beach Camp Resort, 4125 Coastal Highway, Saint Augustine, Florida, United States

9 : Traders Hill Campground, Tracys Ferry Road, Folkston, Georgia, United States
Arrive April 22, 2015
Depart April 24, 2015
Traders Hill Campground, Tracys Ferry Road, Folkston, Georgia, United States

10 : Camping World, Pooler, Georgia, United States
Arrive April 24, 2015
Depart April 25, 2015




11 : Hunting Island, South Carolina, United States
Arrive April 25, 2015
Hunting Island, South Carolina, United States

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit Amazon


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. I share your frustration and dislike of the new Google maps. The old version worked so well. I don't know why they decided to change them and leave out many of the good features. I signed the petition about a week ago - don't think it'll do much good though.

    What happens with your bookmarked maps? I've seen other people complaining about an issue with their bookmarks but I haven't noticed anything. Now I'm worried that all of my work will just disappear one day without any warning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. google maps has changed and not for the better. in my case they get little or no money out of me. mapquest or yahoo for me. i just use it for directions. i have google + but i,m logged out. i never tried with + on. i just left.

    hope life is good for you.

    ice cream. raz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the places you had stayed and time element. I hope this isnt A stupid question but what does ice cream Raz mean? If it's none of my business my apologies in advance. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!