Saturday, October 31, 2015

In Loving Memory

Several decades ago, I laid my mother to rest at the end of October. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Sometimes tears roll down my face and I think heaven is raining on me. She encouraged me to lead the wackadoodle lifestyle I ended up living. She was the best teacher I ever had even though our time together was much shorter than either of us ever expected. I was her wild child, the petunia in an onion field, riding on a unicorn, searching for a rainbow and the fabled pot of gold.

I hope and pray I made my mother proud. Lord knows I provided her a great deal of grief at times. Motherhood is a thankless job of long hours and endless love. She was a saint to put up with me, but I know she kind of enjoyed my eccentric antics. Like a rose, I gave her lots of thorns with occasional exquisite beauty thrown in for brief indulgence.

Small wonder that MOM upside down is WOW.

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." - Mark Twain


a big wheel rv park, st marys, georgia, tioga montara, class c, rving, crooked river, state park georgia


Today I woke up alive and that amazing feat completed my bucket list.

I am so lucky and very blessed.

This picture is last night's sunset on the Crooked River in Georgia. I like to ride my bicycle down there as the sun sinks beneath the horizon. I am doing the 30 day bicycle challenge, and so far I have ridden my new bicycle every single day for 21 days in a row! A few years ago, I couldn't even walk 50 feet.

Miracles DO happen. Believe in yourself, believe in miracles. I tell myself these words of wisdom over and over.

If someone had told me in 2009 as I laid in intensive care, clinging to life that in a few short years I would live in another country, in a little old motorhome, riding a red bicycle with a puppy dog, I would have laughed myself silly and thought they were definitely hallucinating.

It's not been easy.

Easy would have been to just give up and not torture myself with getting on with life. Pick up the shattered pieces and find a way to glue what's left back together into something entirely different.


Life is goof.

And now for a bit of fun... I pirated this fanciful picture from a friend. Argh matey! (I think we all have a witchy side, a pirate beneath the surface.)

Enjoy!



~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!