Sunday, May 07, 2017

I just spent nearly 2 weeks without internet or wifi.

It was heaven on earth! I only talked on the phone twice in 2 weeks as well. It was fun to unplug!

I jumped ship, leaving my little old wheel estate to fend for herself. It was the first time in over 7 years that I have not slept in my own bed, in my own rig. I almost cried leaving my little old home all alone.

An old friend from my Caribbean sailing days bought a van camper inviting me to run off to the Florida Keys to celebrate their 70th birthday. So off we went, doggy and bicycles in tow.

Once we set up camp, we mostly toured on bicycles checking out the area while Harley dog rode shotgun in the front basket of my bicycle. All that bicycling worked up a mighty appetite, so when we stumbled into a Chinese restaurant, we loaded up my rear bicycle basket with take-away food to go back to the camp and set up an Asian picnic. Turns out doggy loves spicy curry.  We also had seaweed salad (delectable!) and the house fried rice which had seafood, chicken, pork, beef and veggies plus on the side we had a couple of egg rolls thrown in for good measure.

Who knew biking could be such fun?



On another note, nothing to do with the Florida Keys, I just noticed that Amazon has decreased the cost of my compact portable washing machine by over $100 from what I paid in 2010 when I bought mine. That washing machine has bounced around many highways and byways for 7 years in my little old motorhome. When I need to wash, I just use the included quick-connect plumbing to hook the washer to my bathroom sink, then I wash my clothes for hang drying out back on a rack that dangles off my rear ladder when I am parked.

I paid nearly $300 for my washer, and now as of today when I write this, Amazon is selling it for $173.22 with 2 day Prime delivery. WOW.

It washes, spins, rinses, spins and does an incredible job of cleaning my clothes, towels, sheets, rugs and rags. It has several water level settings and heavy duty washing as well as light washing to choose from. It can be plumbed direct like a regular washer or quick connect to kitchen or bath like I do.


Mine is about 17 inches square, taking up about the same space as a laundry hamper. While the loads are small, it's easy enough to do 2-3-4 loads at a time. I have never seen it priced this low before. See more details here Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to be posting more often now that I am back at the Lake Okeechobee area where my rig stayed in my absence.

Which now I have a smelly bag of clothes to wash as I never took time in the Florida Keys to do any on my trip.

Life is goof.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!