Friday, October 13, 2017

Gulp

I am busy dealing with another semi-emergency when I opened my computer for a few minutes and saw this weather report.

*GULP*

It looks like a cowboy boot kicking the islands or an ankle bootie taking aim at the southeast.



Now I am dead tired, but pushing myself to get my rig ready to run again. When it comes to hurricanes I might have PTSD.

I've been displaced from  hurricanes in 4 different countries. My life is tale of many start overs. Maybe it's why I have so few possessions now. Yet I feel so rich because I woke up alive in this old wheel estate which is fighting me for my wallet and sanity.

Lately we've had the attack of fire ants, vicious fleas, mosquitoes and  black bugs.

Oh did I tell you the straps on my poop tank broke loose? Sheesh. It almost left the rig while I was bouncing down the highway.

Never a dull moment.

Seeing this mess head for the Leeward Islands  tears me apart. My friends there are suffering mightily as it is from both hurricane Irma and Maria. I am sure many are freaking out every time the wind picks up.

Today the wind was blustery here. I found myself a wee bit nervous. It took me back down memory lane to other hurricanes in far flung ports.  More on that later.

Life is goof.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!