Sunday, October 15, 2017

Mercy Murse


Yesterday I had to pedal my bicycle to the store for an emergency purchase. I grabbed a tiny utilitarian bag, that has multiple pockets, stuck two folded twenties in it and headed for the store. That same little bag is often used for dog walking because most of my clothes  have no pockets for poop bags or house key.

In the store, my purchase came to $20.38

I unzipped the bag shaking it upside down on the counter to see if any spare change fell out. What tumbled out of my bag was the two folded twenties and a dog treat which bounced over the glass covered counter landing neatly right in front of the cashier. 


Embarrassed I said "Oh, I'm sorry I seem to have no change, but I do have a very nice dog treat!"

She laughed but I guess it wasn't funny enough for 38 cents.

Counting my change out loud she rambled "Ten, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen dollars and twenty-five, fifty, sixty, sixty-one, sixty-two cents plus one dog treat!" She tossed it on top of the change, handing it all to me with a smile and a  "Thank you for shopping."



Today's TRIVIA:
Technically my tiny bag made of canvas is called a MOLLE which is an acronym for Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment.
It is also known as an EDC which is Every Day Carry.
It doubles as a good MURSE (Male-Purse or Man-Purse).

If you are stumped for a gift for the love of your life who seemingly has everything, try getting them a MOLLE. 

Some come with an HC built in  otherwise known as a place to stash your water bottle (Hydration Carrier).






No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!