Thursday, July 19, 2018

Old Dog, New Trick

Old dog, new trick!

Harley dog defies explanation.

Doesn't come when he is called. Matter of fact, he is very cat-like when someone calls his name. He might come, he might not, he might treat you like staff "Take a message, maybe I will get back to you, maybe not."

But there IS a tiny brain at work.



I have an old wicker rattan stool in my RV kitchen that I found at a thrift store last year. I was using it in my shed that came with this lot, even though it seemed so elegant. It was super comfy to sit on with a big woven round bottom for my big round bottom.  It's a handmade stool that is incredibly sturdy, comfortable and functional. It needed a minor repair to one of the legs, but it sits perfectly level with absolutely no wobble at all.

My shed has a work bench and I do various projects there trying to cobble things back together or repairing dumpster diving finds.

When I bought this old fifth wheel trailer (1992 model bought December 2017) I moved the rattan wicker stool from the shed to the kitchen. One day recently Harley was underfoot so I picked him up and gently set him on the stool. He immediately sat down to clean his crotch. (I will spare you by NOT posting that picture).

Eventually he jumped off the stool and went to play with his toys.

Not only do I sit on the stool, I sometimes use it as a kitchen island to set things on. At some point I had tossed a red towel on it.

Harley walked over, studied the stool, looked at the towel, then amazed me by hopping up on it then curling up to go to sleep. The stool is 28 inches tall! (71 centimeters)

My pooch is known for his high leaps, but  this seemed especially amazing, that he could leap up that high unaided without overshooting the stool, just landing there perfectly, then curling up for a nap. When I moved the stool to my RV kitchen which came with parquet flooring, I glued rubber pads on the feet, to protect my floor when I move the stool here and there.

Harley is a very big dog these days. I had him weighed recently. He has shot up to 7.5 pounds (3.4 kilos).


Harley brings his toy up to keep him company on his new perch. 
I've added a quilted pillow case sham as a stool cover for his comfort along with a piece of bungee cord to hold it in place for him. 

Now it's his new favorite perch! He loves that it gives him an eye level view of what's cooking and what's on the dining table. He is a gourmand but his favorite dish is homemade mac and cheese.



1 comment:

  1. Harley is so adorable!! I am glad you have him for a friend.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!