Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Favorite Waste of Time

Another pic of the Baby

He has now been with me three and half weeks. I am exhausted. How do new mothers do it?  I am TRYING to teach him that ONE bark is sufficient and not to be a yappy dog.

He is catching on SLOWLY.

I have set up a temporary dog run at the campsite. In the morning, while I am suffering through my first cup of coffe, I throw open the door, and tie him to his dog run. I try to do some necessary work while he plays outdoors.

I toss a few toys out with the dog. If he is QUIET, I let him play and run and tangle up the dog run leads. The minute I hear the slightest sound out of him, I go running out the door.  Sometimes it's just a One Bark to get my attention that he has wrapped his line around the tires or a tree or his legs or usually, all three at once.

Now and then,  he sets up a commotion, and I dash out, scold him for being so noisy and bring him inside to be quiet. So now he gets it...  sort of.

A quiet doggy gets to play outside on the dog run while I work. A noisy doggy has to come inside.

If all I hear is the ONE bark, I run to check on him. That way he knows, that ONE BARK, does get my attention and there is really no need to be yappy. One bark and here I come!

*SIGH*

As I write this, he has become YAPPY!  I run out and see. He has made a huge mess of his dog run lines.  I was trying to untangle the mess, and the little urchin ran circles around me, tying up my ankles, so I could no longer walk.

This caused the neighbors in the next campsite, endless laughter.

I finaly got us both freed again, but had to take my shoes off, he had the rope running between my foot and sandal and I had to take it off and he took off running, which sent my sandal flying up in the air.

More laughter from the other campers.

I hobble over to get my sandal back on. The tiny miscreant has run inside the motorhome, and grabbed his Bo-Bo, his favorite toy and dragged it outside. It's too big for him,and it drags the ground. So now Bo-Bo is covered in dirt, pine needles and leaves.

Good grief.

I go out again and we play with the tennis ball and the football. When Harley isn't looking, I trow the bedraggled Bo-Bo back inside and try to clean him up.

It's hopeless.

This little squirt has rapidly become my favorite waste of time.





Ahoy! Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid for only 3 cents per day! Support a crazy writer in her writing endeavors.

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Lifetime Subscription
One Payment, Name Your Price
Hurricanes and Hangovers by Dear Miss Mermaid Hurricanes and Hangovers
and Other Tall Tales and Loose Lies from the Coconut Telegraph
by Dear Miss Mermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!