Sunday, July 15, 2018

Bucolic

Another gorgeous day in paradise.


The back of my RV lot faces a small farm.
When I sit indoors at my table typing, this is the view from my rear window.
Recently the owner or somebody who seemed up in years, used some sort of massive bush cutter he dragged behind his tractor to whack down the overgrowth which had reached over two feet and in some cases more than three feet.
He only did a small circular strip every few days until it was more or less completed.

On the lot in back a different man in a golf cart used to race around with a pit bull tied to the cart running beside him. My little creature feature never liked this. He would bark loudly and repeatedly to let me know.

Then I noticed this practice seems to have stopped. I have no idea what happened, but Harley dog and I are pretty happy about that.

One thing about being out in the country in a remote area is hearing gun shots. Not my cup of tea, but when I mention it others say "It's the country and country-folks like to play with their guns." 

Ohhh-Kaaay.

Hmmm.

I must admit, I still run and hide or hit the deck and lay low cowering. I just can't seem to get used to the shooting noise when it starts. Usually it is further away, sometimes closer. Of course the 4th of July brought out lots of noisy activity. But we survived!

Today's comedy or... not...
For some bizarre reason, I found this hilarious.

DANGER



 









1 comment:

  1. The guns are part of country living. We live in the Indian Nation (not Indians though). The people who have always lived here and those who escaped the city are okay for the most part. The rifles etc are used to kill wild hogs, coyotes and rattle snakes.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!