Sunday, August 03, 2014

Glorious Sunday Alive and Rocking

I was looking at old notes and came across this tidbit I scribbled down last fall while traveling:

Somewhere around North Carolina a car pulled out right in front of us. He never looked, never saw us. I managed to lay down on the horn while stomping the brakes. I was hoping to clear a path for the inevitable wreckage, but the man at the wheel woke up, floored his accelerator and swerved to the side of the road just as we were about to flatten his car with my motorhome.

"Gee wiz dude, I bet you took 10,000 miles off my brake job!"  

My friend was traveling with me at the time, holding a snoozing Harley who now looked as frightened as I. Pulling into the next parking lot I came across, I unbuckled my seatbelt to bolt for the rear of the motorhome. My friend said worriedly "Are you OK?" 

Just before I vanished into the bathroom after snatching clothes out of a dresser drawer I said "I'm fine, but I think my undies had a wardrobe malfunction!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Winston Churchill had some great one liners such as:

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. 

and another nugget of wisdom:

If you're going through hell, keep going.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thankful...

It's so important I remember to be oh so thankful every day. The sun came up, I woke up alive and life is goof. Today is a miracle!

Amazon doesn't tell me who ordered what (for privacy reasons) but I owe so many of you a hearty THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for shopping through any of my Amazon links. You keep me rolling, writing and inspired.

Maybe I could offer budget camping tours in my wheel estate for some extra pocket change.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!