Friday, July 13, 2012

Toccoa Falls

Toccoa Falls in Georgia in located on the Toccoa Falls College campus, bordering the Chattahoochee National Forest. This waterfall has a 186 foot (57 meters) vertical drop (Six feet more than Niagara Falls.)

A few weeks ago, I had major and minor work done on my mini-motorhome at the Ed Murdock Ford Dealer in Lavonia, Georgia.

Finally I had a chance to test-drive my wheel estate by going grocery shopping in Toccoa. Since my friend was with me and we were at the tail end of a brutal heat wave, I headed for higher ground and cooler temps after we filled the fridge with produce.

Incredibly we managed to get lost. Yepper.   Two humans, a dog, an atlas, a computer and a GPS, yet we managed to make numerous wrong turns and have great fun too.

At some point we saw the sign for the falls, even though that wasn't our intended route, but we pulled in to check our maps, then hiked to the falls.

We had to pass through the college Book Store and Gift Shop to access the falls. Little Harley was with us on his leash. Inside the store, a father and his 3 children came over to play with Harley. One little girl asked me "Why did you bring a dog in here?"

I answered "Because he wanted to see the Toccoa Falls!"



2 comments:


Life is goof!