Saturday, November 01, 2014

I'm In A Magazine!

A dear friend and angel in Minnesota notified me recently that he was reading the November 2014 Food Network Magazine and discovered I was on page 39.

You would think I would know about these things, right?

Um, no.

It just seemed funny to me that after they requested volumes of information from me, the entire mention came down to one paragraph, but hey, I am THRILLED!

Yippee doodle doo!

Now to make matters even funnier, I am 21 miles from the closest newsstand and rushing out 42 miles round trip in my motorhome wasn't on my agenda just yet. I've been on a healing journey, and well, part of my healing has taken up so much energy that I've let the housework slide something awful. So, packing up the old motorhome to go fetch a copy of the magazine immediately, wasn't going to happen. Besides I am due to travel in a few days anyhow so hopefully I can snag my own magazine copy at that time. Meanwhile I just have to dream about a miracle and pulling the cruising cottage back together for the next repositioning cruise. (Perhaps the dog could help.)

I sheepishly asked my angelic friend if he could photograph the page and send it to me. By now I was dancing on the ceiling, crazy with curiosity.

He is such a wonderful gentleman, the photograph was waiting for me next time I logged in.

When I saw the title of the article was Extreme Turkeys, I just roared with laughter.

But they weren't calling me an Extreme Turkey, just writing about cooking them.

Lately I've had tons of techno trouble in the strangest ways, but that's another story for another day. However, I think you can click the picture and it might enlarge.





I bet a lot of you didn't even know the first book I wrote was a cookbook back in the early 90's "Fine Fare With Flair". It's no longer in print, sad to say. I have tried to get it back in print, but perhaps I didn't try hard enough.

Now my current brief claim to fame is a mention in Extreme Turkeys!

The original bikini turkey recipe and instructions can be found here. Somewhere I have photos of various bikini turkeys I made over the years and some that were sent to me including one from the gentleman in Minnesota who sent me his picture of his bikini turkey years ago. Gosh, I need to dig out my archives and backups and find those photos and links.

I also wrote about it back in the dark ages on StormCarib.com when I was a volunteer weather correspondent for about 15 years. I took to writing funny notes about island life along with my weather reports.

I've been in print in other newspapers and magazines over the years, just nothing lately. I've been consumed with patching up my goofy head and ailing body, so I can get back on track.

The way I see it, every day is the dawn of a new error for me. But I woke up alive, I'm an Extreme Turkey and well, Life is goof!

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shop Amazon
Earth's Biggest Selection, Delivered To Your Door
Using this link helps a mermaid and her doggy
And we Thank You oh so much!




 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting back in print. I didn't have much luck enlarging the page, but I get the idea.

    Good luck, and take care of yourself. We all can hope better days are ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. right click on pic
    click on view image.
    or
    left click on pic
    right click on pic
    click on view image.

    ice cream raz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those weren't the dark ages on StormCarib! I thoroughly enjoyed your posts there.It's where I first discovered this wild and wacky mermaid. LOL

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!