Friday, October 01, 2010

You Made My Day

Sometimes I get an email that moves me to tears of happiness such as this one:




Dear Miss Mermaid---

I have been reading your tortola weather and other blogs for 2 years now.  You seem like and old friend and I check you out every morning.  I've been teased by the descriptions of your travels in your motorhome---and I'm beginning to think that is what I may want to do as well.  I have always been a roadie traveling in Mexico, Belize and Guatemala dozens of times for the last 30 years and also to many of the Caribbean Islands, but never Tortola (but that is on my short list now).  One time however my suitcases did visit your fine island while I had to stay back in St Martin waiting for May-It-Be-Lait to find them.

I have just reread your hospital blog and it makes me completely grateful for the Hospital I work at here.  I needed that mind readjustment because politics there now really SUCK.  However our patients are well cared for and well fed.  Although I have traveled out country a lot, I've been lucky enough never to have visited a hospital.  Sure hope my luck holds out.

I just ordered your book and best of luck to you traveling the midwest.  

This is your friend Geri from Kalamazoo, MI.

Dear Geri,

I must be awfully emotional today, your wonderful email, moved me to tears. Thank you so much for reading my foolishness and supporting my book. It's people like you, that give me inspiration to keep on writing.

Again, thank you.

Dear Miss Mermaid
Child of the Planet

Ahoy!
Dear Miss Mermaid
 relies on Angels, Subscriptions and Book Sales
THANK YOU for your support.
Step One,  Make a Payment Step 2, Sign up your Email

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Delivered to your Email!  
Subscribe to
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
by Email  (no spam, just the blog)

***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.
Hurricanes and Hangovers by Dear Miss MermaidBuy Dear Miss Mermaid's Book:

Hurricanes and Hangovers
and Other Tall Tales and
Loose Lies from the
Coconut Telegraph
by Dear Miss Mermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!