Saturday, July 09, 2011

Raccoons Too

Minding my own business when a raccoon came walking up to the patio. Harley dog gave him a loud barking, so he scampered off. I so wanted a picture of him. What do I do to attract all this wildlife here? 


Also saw a gorgeous cardinal today. I grew up on Cardinal Drive. Never saw one the whole time we lived there. But today, a beautiful one stopped by and hung out in the tree.  I grabbed my camera to take his picture, but the battery was dead. So it's on charge now. 


Any of these pictures click to enlarge. 


These red flowers were high up in a tree. 




My current home sweet home.
The expansive patio makes my motorhome look tiny. 


I think these are black-eyed susans growing near the lake.


Hartwell Lake
Harley has faithfully watered this sign post every day since April 1st.  Imagine our surprise to find  out all that watering was not in vain!



Hurricanes and Hangovers and Other Tall Tales and Loose Lies from the Coconut Telegraph by Dear Miss Mermaid

1 comment:

  1. This comment came by email:

    Love the photos in your blog!! The orange flowers that look like tiny trumpets are.... you guessed it! Trumpet vine! It's a climbing vine that sometimes climbs high into trees, as you noticed. Grows wild and is also cultivated. We have some growing up a garden wall. Hummingbirds love it. Here are some photos and info:

    http://www.countrysideaustin.com/2010/05/trumpet-vine/

    http://oldfashionedliving.com/trumpetvine.html

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!