Friday, May 02, 2014

Gobbledygook

For ages upon ages, I had this wonderful dictionary and thesaurus program that worked flawlessly on numerous windows platforms without requiring an internet connection. When I was forced into Windows 7, the program stopped working. I still fiddle with it now and then trying to find the magic to make it work again. 

It was also a talking dictionary. You could punch a button and it would read aloud with some hilarious interpretations of pronunciations. But it had the best thesaurus I've ever found. I sorely miss it. 

Tonight I looked at the program's files then decided to click on the HELP file. I was super excited that this would unlock the magic I needed to make this program work on Windows 7.



Incredibly I received the following message:


Is that gobbledygook or what?

I read and reread this message thinking this must be an awful April fools joke that was programmed for the wrong day. 

I reread the message. 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

It just makes me want to tear my hair out and cry in sheer frustration. 

Or say unprintable things. ~!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!

*SIGH*

Perhaps I will terrorize my cabinets in search of  chocolate and just go to bed. To hell with writing. 

Good night. 

2 comments:

  1. Most instructions for computers are gobbledygook to me. It took me 2 hours to just change the password for my email on my tablet. Don't ask me how I got it done. All the instructions that told you where to go my tablet didn't have. I went to so many windows that if I had to do it over again I would still be lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. google "windows xp download". it appears you can do that legally.
    it may not work with what need to do. did you try the link? i get stuff all the time like that.

    peaceup raz

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!