Monday, February 18, 2019

This blog hasn't seen much activity lately.
I'm busy trying to refunk my junk.

At Christmas I was joking about a medical device I received as a gift. "You know you're getting old when you get medical equipment for Christmas!"

Little did I know that before 2018 was over, 911 would be called and I would be deposited in ICU at hospital.

Recently going over the mountain of medical bills now clogging up my mailbox, I noticed the hospital charged me for a pregnancy test upon admittance.

A friend who visited me in the hospital and later at home in January, brought me a birthday gift. I said "But darling, my birthday isn't until April."

She said "Yes, I know. That's why I am giving it to you now."

This was followed by a pregnant pause...

Sooo... I looked good enough upon admittance to the hospital to warrant an overpriced pregnancy test but weeks later upon discharge, I looked bad enough to receive a birthday gift 3 months early.

Life is goof.

On a side snide note...

I live in an over 55 adult only RV park. While I am not going to tell you my age (ha ha ha!) suffice it to say, I am "over qualified" to live in this park.

The hospital had access to some of my medical history including the fact that mermaids can't reproduce. So WHAT were they thinking?

The cost of the pregnancy test I was billed for was astronomical. Maybe someone should tell the hospital that Dollar Tree sells pregnancy tests for... (big loud drum roll or should I say dumb roll?) only one dollar.

3 comments:

  1. Although I try to check up on you as often as possible, I don't take the time to comment and I feel bad about that. You, Miss Mermaid, are a fascinating person and I admire your attitude on life. The pregnancy test is total b.s. Take care! - Kathy p.s. I see Azure is from Iowa. So am I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words! I am very interested in your advice. Please contact me at DearMissMermaid AT aol.com The caps are optional.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!