Monday, September 23, 2019

Bongo Below

Jerry, Karen, Lorenzo...

Sounds like the cast of a triangle in a soap opera. 


Speaking of soap operas... I recently finished up one named OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE.

My neighbor watched most of the six seasons with me. On days I was feeling rough and stuck home resting, I would turn it on. 

It's filmed in New Zealand so we learned new kiwi lingo. Like what it means to root somebody or saying "I'd be keen to do that".

If you're really keen, then you're heaps keen. 

Grab your togs, let's go swimming. I'd be heaps keen to get wet.

If you're cold, forget the sweater, what you need is a jumper. 

To be knackerd is to need a nap. 

Spend more time at your bach and if you're lucky, yours is on or near the coast. A bach is a second home, a holiday place you own or rent annually.

You got that mate? Aye?

When your holiday money runs out you have bugger all. 

Kiwis would say where I live now is out in the wops. Which is to say the middle of nowhere. 

If you've run out of room for more luggage in your car then it's chocka. If ya crash your car or it breaks down, then it's munted. If you were drunk when it happened then you were munted too. 

If the repairs is pretty easy, then it's a piece of piss. But if you're having a party it's a piss-up. 

If you want someone to mind their own business then you yell piss off. But if you're being unreasonable, then you're taking the piss.

If you forgot your togs then you say "Aw, stink one".

I will tell you more in the nek minute. 

You can tell I am having a mare day when I watch TV (mare is a difficult time).

Packing a sad, is having a tantrum!

Chuck on our gumboots and let's walk through the cow farm.

If it's choice then it's awesome or top shelf. 

And if you think I'm a dag, then you think I'm funny!

Southerners say bullshit but kiwis say spinning a yarn. 

Southerners keep their beer in a cooler but Kiwi's keep theirs in a chilly bin. 

Bowling round, means you're coming to visit. 

Heaps means lots and Kiwis love this word heaps and heaps. 

If you thought that funny, then it was a crack up.

Maori words are thrown in with the Kiwi slang such as pakaru (I like pakaru heaps) but pakaru describes heaps of my belongings in that pakaru means broken. 

If he spat his dummy, then he was angry in a childish way. That dummy is what we call a baby pacifier. 

So if you want to learn heaps more then watch Outrageous Fortune for free with Amazon Prime. 

I would say this is an adult soap opera. Not really suitable for children at all or else you will be explaining heaps. Each episode blends into the next one. Some leave you with shocking cliff hangers.  

It's well written, the characters are distinctly unique. It has some real dark comedy thrown in that kind of sneaks up on you. 

Trivia... one actor plays two very different twins. 

Ironically Outrageous Fortune takes liberty borrowing liberally from Shakespeare. Even the title was snatched from the famous "To be or not to be" speech which states: "To be, or not to be, that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles.

The youngest child Loretta is also used in photographs of her deceased grandmother. The air-head older sister sometimes refers to things vanishing just like the Bahamas Triangle which of course there is none, it's called the Bermuda triangle but it's funny they make this subtle air head reference more than once. 

When they referred to one character's Mazda Bongo van, I thought it was a reference to his predilection to smoking weed, sometimes out of a bong.

But the joke was on me, they really do make a Mazda Bongo Van.



1 comment:







  1. i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere, after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover comes back to me, indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours, my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again, 3 months later we got engaged and married, if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me, his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346












































































































































































    hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matuganan si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sakin ng mas masg 48 now, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email:
    AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!