Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Early Birthday

Look what I found in the bottom of my compact washing machine. I have no idea what it is, but I photographed his drowned body before tossing him out. Nature is fascinating. It kind of creeps me out that this was attached to my clothing. Yucky-poo!

I've been using my compact washing machine for 3 years now. It has saved me a bundle in quarters and hassle getting to laundry mats. It also means I can own less clothes and more rags. I use rags for cleaning the motorhome inside and out, I can launder them and keep on cleaning. I only use one roll of paper towels in a year's time. I air dry all my clothes inside or outside after washing. It's a lot of work, but it saves money for the gas tank and campground fees.

I grew up helping my mother hang out laundry in all sorts of weather conditions. This little chore reminds me of her and the old backyard with the huge clothes line poles.

 I wasn't planning to wash dead bugs!
 Below is a homemade marinade in a one gallon ziploc baggie.
My friend came to camp with Harley and I for a few days. They brought flowers and a rump roast for the crockpot. The flowers were for my birthday which they thought was March 11th, but it's April 11th.

Well, I have no problem celebrating all month. The flowers look gorgeous and brighten up the motorhome.

I stuck their roast inside the baggie marinade, then squeezed out all the air. Now it can marinate in the fridge for 24 hours before slow cooking in the crockpot with mushrooms, mini bell peppers and red potatoes. I guess you can see I used a healthy amount of garlic and herbs along with Worcestershire sauce and red wine. By squeezing the air out of the baggie, the marinade is infused into the meat.
Spring is here and my friend is helping me put this old motorhome back together. Stuff always breaking and falling apart. Even worse, is finding spare parts on the ground and not knowing WHAT they fell off of. Another mystery to solve...


2 comments:

  1. Stink bug... they've invaded everywhere. My house is full of them!!! So gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like little creatures.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!