Friday, October 24, 2014

Free Entertainment

I woke up alive, the sun is coming up and I am just oh so super grateful for another beautiful day on this wondrous planet. I feel such terrible guilt when I am forced to rest or fall into the depths of despair brought on by wild crazy pain, but somehow I battle it out and get on with life and living. If I could just get my body to straighten up and fly right, life would be perfect.

But I will settle for near perfect. Yippee doodle doo!

Despite the naysayers, bullies, thieves and miserable folks trying to trip and trick me, I just try to wrap myself up in a nonstick Teflon coat, put on my rose colored glasses and see life over the rainbow as a treasure chest full of exotic riches.

Moving on to beauty, fun and foolishness...
fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina
The tide is going out, leaving sandbars in her wake. 


fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina
Harley puts the finishing touches on his sandcastle. 
mermaid found, fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina
What the heck is that?
It's a mermaid growing legs!
Actually, I snapped a picture in case I completely vanished
and someone found the camera,
they might figure out the quicksand took me away.
Speaking of quicksand and foolishness...

The pic above was from a few days ago, I have no pic for my next skirmish with the quicksand nor pics of Harley soaking wet, we were way too busy with the comedy of life. But I've posted some pics of Harley because emails indicated folks want to see MORE of the goofy pooch!

fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina



Harley's treasured Frisbee ended up in the salt water flats when it was very cold and we were both bundled up in layers playing on the sunny beach. He tried to swim for the Frisbee but retreated quickly because the water was cold and he was shivering and shaking yet crying pitifully for his favorite toy.

The wind first blew the Frisbee into deeper waters, next it seemed to be headed for a sandbar. I was trying to hike around to the sandbar which took us further away from the Frisbee, and oh poor Harley was pretty upset with me unable to comprehend the curious reasoning behind the circuitous route.

fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina


At some point I decided to traipse through the shallow waters towards the Frisbee getting my long leggings soaking wet, but I found quicksand again, this time it sucked me in quickly almost up to my knees (no pics, camera was on bicycle). I was fighting panic and managed to extricate my feet with great difficulty, but now my shoes were buried deep in the muck. I was busy trying to calm my shivering crybaby, dig out my shoes and escape the area.

Oh yes, we may be good for nothing, but we provide the beachgoers with great entertainment!

fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina


A family with kids had arrived at that end of the beach and the kids were happily splashing around in the cold water shallows. Oh to be a carefree child again impervious to the weather! Funny that I was freezing with teeth chattering and they were merrily splashing around in the their swim suits.

fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina

At his mother's insistence, one of the children gallantly splashed through the waters, his light body weight unaffected by the quicksand and rescued the Frisbee. I thanked them profusely and Harley was thrilled as he shook and shivered, doing his curious spins in delight.

fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina


I threw the Frisbee a few times as far as I could to get him running and warming up before we took the bicycle back to camp but it seemed I was getting colder and colder. I had to wrap Harley in a little towel up to his neck, plop him down in his bicycle basket, then peddle home. Luckily I had a jacket with me which I buttoned up over my clothes. I thought the peddling would warm me up but mainly it just zapped my waning energy completely.

The site of Harley riding in the bike basket ensconced in the little fluffy towel up to his neck just provided more goofy entertainment for the people we passed who laughed and smiled, some pointing us out to others.

We arrived at the little old motorhome frigidly cold, I took his soggy sweater off, exchanged my wet clothes for dry ones then we plunged into bed with the mattress warmer on high heat, trying to warm ourselves back up. From my window I could see  people walking by in their flip flops and shorts while others were bundled up for the cold weather. I fell into a deep sleep but eventually I woke up alive, all toasty warm with a salty doggy by my side.

fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina


Adding more comedy and mayhem, I realized Harley needed to go outside to water the bushes. He doesn't want to do this anywhere close to the campsite, that's his play area and he wants to do his pea-mail and fertilizing elsewhere.

I call it pea-mail because he sniffs for other dog messages then leaves his own message (pea-mail). I was trying to multi-task, so I was carrying a small bag of garbage to the dumpster area. It was when I arrived there I noticed my feet. I was still wearing my fluffy cozy oh so warm bedroom slippers rather than proper shoes.

Well, that's just more entertainment for the campers...

Just the other day a kind lady informed me I had a clothes pin clamped to the back of my shirt. I have no idea what happened but I do hang-dry my clothes for budget considerations and maybe I forgot to remove a clothes pin and somehow managed to dress with it on. I have no idea how long I had been walking around with a clothes pin on my shirt.

Well, Harley doesn't care how I look, he is way too busy with his own crazy antics.

frisbee dog, fulltime rving in a  tioga montara class c motorhome at Hunting Island state park in South Carolina


Pictures from Hunting Island, one of the numerous Sea Islands
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earth's Biggest Selection, Delivered To Your Door
Using this link helps a mermaid and her doggy
And we Thank You oh so much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!