Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Naked Mermaid Swimming

When I first started traveling some of the best advice I heard was "Take a picture of everywhere you camp."  I think I do have a picture of everywhere I stayed a night or more except one and it was such a beautiful place on the Ohio river, I am so sorry I forgot to get a picture.

I took this picture right after arrival at Hunting Island. Harley dog was jumping up and down begging to go to the beach, so I plugged in the electricity then we set off walking. He was very impatient when I stopped to take this picture. Silly dog!

Saint Helena Island South Carolina tioga montara class c motorhome RV

Over the years I have broken so many thermometers. Not sure if I am a klutz or what (probably both a what and a klutz!). When KleerTemp came out with these thermometers that stick to your window, I was excited, perhaps it would be a thermometer I couldn't break.

I carefully cleaned the door window and plastered mine on there with the 70F at the top, so I could quickly tell if it was hot or cold outside.

Yikes! 120F degrees! I would say that qualifies as HOT. The screen is my screen door to the motorhome which is inside the outside door. Um... I think I am confusing you (or me!) That's the neighbor's travel trailer in back. (Well it's on the side.)

Saint Helena Island South Carolina tioga montara class c motorhome RV

Well *ahem* I discovered, one really needs to buy a 2nd thermometer and place it on the opposite side of the home. In this case, I placed mine on the galley window. (That's a kitchen window for you landlubbers or sticks and bricks folks.)
Saint Helena Island South Carolina tioga montara class c motorhome RV
Ah, this one says a perfect 70F degrees. The pictures were taken 1 second apart. Apparently the sunshine can give false readings on the thermometer. Despite slamming the door thousands of times and bouncing the highways and byways, neither thermometer has broken (nor flown away!)

Saint Helena Island South Carolina tioga montara class c motorhome RV

Harley has learned to stop when I stop and let me take pictures without yanking my arm and making it all blurry. Good doggy! I just knew that somewhere in his silly head was a tiny brain. One day it kicked in to use

Saint Helena Island South Carolina tioga montara class c motorhome RV

Oh and look real closely, you will see a naked mermaid swimming.

Life is goof and I feel positively goofy today.

I am longing for a nap, but low tide is in 10 minutes and Harley wants to ride the bicycle up and down the beach but his little legs don't reach the peddles. I suppose the creature feature expects me to push the peddles for him. (Good grief, he is so needy!)

So... it will be interesting to see who wins... Harley, the bike, low tide or the nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earth's Biggest Selection
Delivered to your door
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!