Saturday, January 30, 2016

Musings

Home sweet home during the recent full moon.

It can and does get c-c-c-cold in Florida sometimes. That's my front door window thermometer a few days ago when we had a severe cold snap. The awning is dropped low in the background because we had gutsy gusty winds the day before. I didn't put the awning away because it can be really cantankerous at times. I had one end lashed to the 8 foot 8 ton picnic table. The opposite end had straps on it that were attached to two collapsible water bladders on the ground. Each bladder can hold 10 liters of water which is about 20 pounds each.

For me that is easier than trying to twist one of those massive screw stakes into the earth and then tie down the awning.

Any day now I am going to put the awning away so I can drive the motorhome to the bicycle shop. Now that's an oxymoron.


The Renaissance Fair is opening in the park adjacent to the campground.  Maybe I should dress up my doggy as a miniature dragon and go see what all the hoopla is about.

The recent torrential rains and I mean RAINS made the park very swampy in areas. I felt sorry for the organizers sloshing around in the muck, trying to set everything up. Many brought their tents and RV's so there is a lot of boondocking around the park.

Dozens of porta pottys are set up in huge groups but it hardly looks like enough based on the thousands of visitors expected.

I hope to go see some of the events since they are literally right in my backyard.

I am sure they had mermaids during the renaissance. If not then I can always be a pirate.

Argh!









1 comment:

  1. renaissance fairs are the cats meow. go.

    ice cream. raz

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!