Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Back to Nature

Camping at Crystal Lake RV Park in Mims, Florida near Titusville on the Space Coast near NASA, December 29 and 30th. Harley in the foreground, doing a goofy pose, as usual.
Like my tall antenna?  I was dialing into heaven...
The restrooms and laundry are behind me, they require a combination to unlock.
I was so tired and dyslexic, I couldn't get it to open for me.
The fence is for the tiny pool, but at 45F degrees, it was closed, they only open it when the water temperature is above 60F degrees. It was too cold to set up the outside den and dining, besides I was sick and resting up mostly.  After two nights, I managed to gather enough strength to move to Whispering Pines Mobile Park for 2 more nights, then to Wickham Park, where I am now, back with nature, where I belong.

One of the five or so  lakes at Wickham Park near Melbourne, Florida, also on the Space Coast.
This park is owned by Brevard County.
It is well maintained, the ranger was extremely courteous and helpful when I arrived.
It is very peaceful and relaxing here while I recuperate.

When I arrived, the weather turned warm and sunny with highs in the 70's and lows at night about 20 degrees cooler.

Africa or Florida?
Harley (my puppy  dog) and I hike everyday while I build up my strength again.
A few times I have to stop and clutch a tree while I wait for the earth to right itself again.
Sometimes I wish the world wouldn't spin so fast, making me dizzy.

A Fruit Salad I Made
This is made with fresh pineapple chunks, fresh mango chunks, green seedless grapes, fresh blueberries and canned but drained Mandarin orange slices.
I tossed it up with a dressing I whipped up from  fresh plain yogurt mixed with a bit of the juice from the Mandarin oranges, sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg with a dollop of honey stirred in.
It was delicious, like tasting a bit of paradise.
A splatter of chopped parsley (not shown) made a nice garnish.
(I drank the leftover Mandarin juice.) 

A Big Thank You To  Angels
Who Help Support a Recovering Mermaid

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid  for only 3 cents per day
Support a Crazy Mermaid
Step 1 Make a PaymentStep 2 Sign up for Email Posts (Optional)

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Subscription Delivered to your Email
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
(no spam, just the blog)
***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!