Thursday, January 20, 2011

Madly In Love

Sorry I skipped a day writing. I think it's because I was spending so much time with the  love of my life!  I am so in love and it's not even Valentine's day yet. 


Some might think I've let him run all over me (have even said so to my face too!). Now that I take stock of him, I do see a few glaring things that maybe I didn't notice before, because I am just blinded by pure love. 


Sure, he sleeps 10-12 hours a night, takes 2-3 naps a day, but showers his love on me when he is awake.  I know he is chronically broke, but he loves my motorhome as much as I do. He has settled right in, spreading his stuff all over the place. At least he isn't a drunk, that much I can say about him. He is always sober. But he does have some odd tastes in food, so my pantry has to accommodate his tastes now. 


He doesn't drive, clean, mop, cook, wash dishes  or do laundry. He's always broke,  relying on gifts and handouts,  from me or his friends. He is absolutely charming and adorable.  I  see other women (some of them married too)  look him over, enjoy the flattery he can lay on oh so thick.  I can tell  wish they had him all to themselves. 


But he is mine, mine, mine and those women better not try to steal him from me!  


When it's time to set up camp, he plays sports, while I pay for the spot and do all the utility hookups.  He scatters his stuff everywhere, never puts a thing away. He  tracks in dirt, leaves hair in the shower, and thinks nothing of dirtying up the windows for me to wash.


He dominates the best furniture, wants to know what I'm cooking, then is picky about what he will and won't eat. He is always leaving the dirty dishes for me to do, yet he never complains if I just let them pile up for awhile.  He chews with his mouth open, drops food on the floor and looks ridiculous when he has milk dripping from his face or goatee (he claims not to know how to  shave.)


Yet, I find myself hopelessly in love with him. 


He loves me unconditionally, doesn't care that I don't have a teenager's body anymore, showers me with endless kisses, is always very enthusiastic and happy about anything I want to do. He thinks I look great, and wants to be seen out everywhere with me.  


What more could a woman want? 


When he's cold, I have to fetch his sweater or coat or blanket. When he wants to go to bed, he insists I help him undress.  I may be dead tired, but he always  wants to play at night, before sleep *ahem* if you know what I mean. (He's rather active and enthusiastic too!)


He leaves his athletic equipment scattered everywhere, so I am tripping over his tennis ball, golf ball, football, basketball, soccer ball, Frisbee, soft ball, or baseball.  He often insists I play sports with him, when I have work to do,(like wash his dishes or do his laundry or wash the motorhome.)


He wants to go everywhere I go, as long as I am paying for everything. He pouts something awful, if I dare to go anywhere by myself. Sometimes he follows me into the bathroom and just stares at me, while I am doing my  private business.  


Still I am madly  in love with him. I couldn't imagine my life without him, now that he has moved in with me, life is really GOOD. 


If he needs to go somewhere,  I have to always go with him. He wouldn't have it any other way. If he wants to go out late at night, when I am dead tired, I have to cheer up and go with him. 


I get up 1-2 hours before he does, so I can make the coffee, lay out his breakfast for him, then wait for him to finally roll out of bed.  He showers me with love, how could I possibly ever live without him?  


He is very protective of me, sometimes to the point, he makes a ruckus when I try to meet new friends. Yet he can be a big sissy, cuddling a teddy bear or cowering beside me during a storm. He insists on going out in bad weather, be it rain, sleet or snow, then tracks up the place with mud and muck, leaving it for me to clean up.  He might plop down in a chair, mud and all, then try to bribe me with love and  kisses.  


He doesn't care to bathe, being smelly doesn't seem to bother him one bit. If and when he does bathe, I have to make sure his bath is the perfect temperature, lather him up, rinse him off, plus towel him dry. If I don't brush and comb him, he will just run around looking wild, never caring for even a moment,  what others think. He's happy in his birthday suit or happy in his clothes. 


Still I am in love with him, smelly feet and all.  Sometimes he embarrasses me around my friends, when he takes a sudden interest in something that might be bothering his crotch, like he can't even wait until he is alone to do that stuff. I pretend it doesn't bother me. Boys will be boys I guess. 


He doesn't care for public restrooms, but happily pees anywhere outdoors it pleases him, including the grocery store parking lot. I look the other way, pretend this is normal and just smile at strangers, acting happy about it all. 





Yet, I can't help myself, I am hopelessly in love with him. 


He doesn't care what the years have done to my body, he loves every inch of me.  He even worships my feet. 


Sometimes when I am driving, he wants to get a little too friendly, *ahem* then acts hurt, if I push him away because traffic is thick and I've got to concentrate. 


He lets me choose the music, when I am driving, lets me choose our movies at night.  Often he just cuddles up to me, then falls asleep during the movie, leaving me to watch it by my lonesome. If I would just rather read a book, at night,  he doesn't mind, but he often pesters me some while I am reading.  


I know it sounds like he is using me, but you have no idea, how great it feels to have him love me, just the way I am. He  tries so hard to protect me and the sheer  adoration is far more than any man before him has ever given me. 


I don't care what anyone says. I like this arrangement. I love my new happy blissful life, even if I have to pay for everything.  He's the very best thing that ever happened to me. I am one lucky lady!


I could never ever let him go. Not now. Not ever. I don't care what you or anyone says. I am madly in love and love is blind.  I would do most anything for him. 


Even now, as I write, this, he is snuggled up next to me, waiting for me to finish, because he is ready for bed and he won't go to bed, until I go too. 


You may call him a dog, for the way he treats me, but he's the very best companion I ever had.   


Yes, it's true. 


I just love my little puppy dog! He's the light of my life. 




A Big Thank You To  Angels
Who Help Support a Recovering Mermaid

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid  for only 3 cents per day
Support a Crazy Mermaid
Step 1 Make a Payment Step 2 Sign up for Email Posts (Optional)

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Subscription Delivered to your Email
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
(no spam, just the blog)
***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.

4 comments:

  1. I'm familiar with that kind of love affair. And it's definitely one that lasts!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found your "dream" guy. It sure sounds like love is blind, as I've heard many a gal complain about the same traits in their guys...lol

    Are you sure this is just not "puppy love"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet blog about your puppy dog. I'm looking forward to a photo of him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am os glad you are talking about a puppy and not a man:)

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!