Monday, April 23, 2012

Missing Blog Mystery

A comment on yesterday's   Blogger Wars:



 Linda said...
It was there this morning... I read it, even linked it on my FB page. I didn't take it though! So sorry it is gone!
I even made a nice comment! Oh well, sending you good thoughts now.



Thank you for that comment!  You make me feel sane (a scary thought...)  I saw my post too, then later in the day it was just gone.  Poof!  Vanished!  Never to be seen again. 


The mystery of the missing blog...


I think life exists solely to poke fun at me. 


Yesterday I was driving to Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina near Beaufort, halfway between Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina. A huge storm broke out while I was driving.  It never fails. 


For the past two years, whenever I have the opportunity to detour over to Hunting Island, I do. If I could live here fulltime year round, I probably would but I think the max stay is 2 weeks except in the dead of winter, you can stay all month at a special rate not available any other time of the year. 


I fell in love here as a mere child. It was at that moment, I knew that I  had arrived on earth. The ocean called my name, boats fascinated me, fresh shrimp and crab were delectable, the jungle fascinating. 


Hunting Island boasts over five miles of unspoiled beach, thousands of acres of marsh, tidal creeks, maritime forest, a saltwater lagoon and an ocean inlet. The lighthouse, which is open to the public, is the only commercial venture near the beach other than the little campground store.  


Lighthouse at Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina with  photo by  DearMissMermaid.Com


2 comments:

  1. Hunnington where i fell in love with all things nautical,especially Light-houses.That was many years ago...Thank you for stirring up great memmory's

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i love Light-houses dont ask me why i just do ...your site did bring back happy times..
    edd

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!