Monday, April 01, 2019

Alaska Finally



Life is long, death is short.

I want to live life to the fullest!

My fifth wheel has been up for sale to pay for the medical bills. A few weeks ago a guy in a VW camper van came by with another couple to look over my fifth wheel. The couple was shopping, the guy in the van was just coming along cause he was curious and all three were friends. While I was showing off the fifth wheel he flirted outrageously with me and said he wished he could find someone like me to go to Alaska for the summer. I don't know WHAT it was, but we just hit it off and I was sad I couldn't just hop in his van and go see Alaska.

I've never seen Alaska. It's been a long time since anyone flirted outrageously with me and he just seemed like an old leather shoe that fit perfectly, easy going, comfy and dependable.

He called me a few more times and said ya know, there is just something about you. I feel like leaving for Alaska leaves a  big hole in my heart. Maybe we could stay in touch by phone?

Then this weekend, well Friday morning,  a couple came to see my fifth wheel and bought it! Yippee! Now I have to find somewhere else to live because they want to haul off my RV as soon as possible. We made the deal at the bank so their money is my money and it's all a done deal.

Then a lightbulb came on in my head.

I called  the VW camper guy and asked him if he still wanted to go to Alaska with me for the summer.

He said yes he was camping almost 200 miles away, on his way to Alaska already, but he would turn around and come get me and my dog Monday morning because he had something to do with old friends Sunday where he was camping, but Monday morning he would fetch me. We talked on numerous  phone calls and giggled like teenagers, this seems like such fun already!

His VW camper van is small. But Sunday morning I picked out 5 outfits, packed those, packed a few dog toys and some dog food. What to do with the rest of my stuff?

Someone in the park told me about a guy who buys anything so I called him. I made him a "take it all" deal. He gave me a few hundred and yesterday he emptied out my closet and shed,loading it all up into his  box truck. I called the couple and told them they could have my fifth wheel anytime.

Last night I could hardly sleep, bye bye Florida, hello Alaska!

It's been a busy weekend and I am just exhausted but excited! Around 8 am, the couple hauled off my fifth wheel so now I am sitting here in the rec hall at the RV park with my two very small bags waiting on the VW camper to pull up any minute. The dog and I have paced back and forth between the rec hall and the park entrance, looking for the VW camper.

Finally I called the guy, to find out how close he was to coming to pick up me and the dog. He had told me last night he was going to leave around 4am to come get me and should be here by 8 or 9am. It was now 11am when I called him.

I enthusiastically told him how I had crafitly sold EVERYTHING and was just sitting here in the rec hall waiting for him to show up. The fifth wheel was already moved and gone, so there would be no delays.



Freedom! On the road again!

He said "APRIL FOOLS I am not taking you to Alaska" and hung up the phone.

I called him back so we could have a good laugh, but he is not answering.

Is he stuck in traffic?

Is his phone battery dead?

Did he have a flat tire?

Is he lost?

Does he remember how to get here?

He said he had GPS to find me.

Did I make this decision in haste?

Will I regret it?

WHERE is he?

I will call again.

Well, I am back.

I called him 3 more times and still no answer.

Matter of fact, I borrowed someone else's phone and called him from their number a few times.

Still no answer.

Is he OK?



Will he pull up any minute now and we can have a good long laugh and get on our way?

How long before he gets here?

How long before you figure out this is my April fools on you?

In case you are wondering...
I am still living in my little old fifth wheel, nothing was sold or moved.


Have a happy April Fools day!



12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good, I fell for the whole thing:))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good piece! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you for reading this and making a comment. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. That had me totally fooled, could not believe a crafty old mermaid like you would ever consider selling the fifth wheel. be good keep fit !
    Geoff and Lisa UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear from you!
    I am still here, still defying the odds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. first time reader and I fell for it hook, like and sinker!
    Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading your blog for years and should have known better,you having a great imagination and sense of humor,but you had me believing it right up to the end.Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!