Monday, February 23, 2015

The Shark

Last time I was in the Sea Islands, Harley dog and I saw many wild mammals, reptiles and fish. One day while walking along a lonely beach with another lady from the campground, we ran into a fisherman and his mate. We ended up chatting away while Harley busied himself digging a hole to China.
Dear miss mermaid in the sea islands, hunting island, south carolina, tioga montara, motorhome, rv travel

Suddenly the fisherman began reeling in a fish that was fighting him every step of the way. We were enthusiastic and excited. I managed to grab my camera frantically fiddling around with the settings in anticipation of catching a picture of the final prize.

Dear miss mermaid in the sea islands, hunting island, south carolina, tioga montara, motorhome, rv travel

Dear miss mermaid in the sea islands, hunting island, south carolina, tioga montara, motorhome, rv travel

Dear miss mermaid in the sea islands, hunting island, south carolina, tioga montara, motorhome, rv travel

Well, it turned out to be a shark. I snapped a few pictures, then the fisherman returned him to the sea. The shark floated away uncertainly while we held our breath with that "ut oh" feeling wondering if we kept him out of the life saving ocean a wee bit too long. Suddenly the shark seemingly came back to life, rapidly swimming far away while we let out a collective long sigh of happy anticipation.

Lately some land sharks have attempted to make my life miserable by chomping down on me. The stress was belaboring me something awful. 

Stress makes my physical healing difficult indeed and I'd kind of like to wander around planet earth a few more minutes, a few more days, a few more weeks, a few more months, whatever I can grasp.

I decided to think about happier times, like the beautiful day on the beach I was able to inspect a shark up close and personal. Now I'm relearning to take in long deep breaths then exhale them slowly. Once I've calmed down, I figuratively pry those land sharks off of me, tossing them back into the sea. Then I run away happily in the opposite direction.


Dear miss mermaid in the sea islands, hunting island, south carolina, tioga montara, motorhome, rv travel




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earth's Biggest Selection at your fingertips
Using this link helps a mermaid, her little old motorhome and puppy dog
We Thank You VERY much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. What a treat to see a shark up that close, especially when he gets to go back to the sea unharmed.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!