Monday, June 05, 2017

Hard Work




Getting your ducks in a row is easier said than done.

Harley had an emergency trip to a vet at night. He is going to be fine, poor baby. More on that later.

My fridge has been on the fritz. Again. *Sigh*

Had it repaired and paid a princely sum for that but it still isn't working right. So what did they do?

Getting the repair comapny to call me back is turning out to be quite the exhausting chore. 

I will post more here later when I get my ducks in a row. Tee hee hee. 

Never a dull moment! Life is goof. 

I have to move again soon. I am still finalizing that change. Have to move? That sounds weird. Usually I am so excited to be going to a new camp. I am just aggravated with this refrigerator and the repair company. Tiny home living has its moments. 

The recent rains poured so hard I had to prop up my RV to get water off the roof so it wouldn't slide down inside through the roof antenna thingy. Torrential rains just dumped inches down in hours. This Okeechobee area is so starved for water that it's flooding one moment and dry the next. 

Alligators. My neighbors see the alligators I keep missing. I see all the water fowl they keep missing. I hear an alligator bellow now and then, I go looking for him/her. I keep my doggy far from the canal's edge. He is never left alone outside. 

Yesterday the monkey charged on his tether to warn someone to stay away from his lot when he broke free. Suddenly he was in the road, wagging his tail at the doggy and human he had charged at. Bad boy for charging and breaking the tether hardware. Good boy for being nice to the human and doggy he charged at. 

When it's all said I done, I just have to slap a smile on my goofy face and BE GRATEFUL. 

I woke up alive. In these trying times so many have helped me out when I am sure they have plenty of their own challenges to face. I am humbled. I am indebted. 

Thank you to all the WONDERFUL AWESOME ANGELS who touch my life. You make it brighter, easier, and awesome. I don't thank you enough. Shame on me. 

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Speaking of being grateful...

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing 
by Marie Kondo 




This young lady has turned organizing inside out and come up with methods that truly work. She is a celebrity in Japan and now her methods have gone worldwide.

So what's different about her methods? Well, you may have to read the book to find out but one major theory of hers is vastly different from the old style organization is sparking joy.

Touch each item with your hand. Does it spark joy? Are you in love with it? Does it bring happiness? If not then thank the item for its past service, toss it out for donation or garbage. Move along to the next.

Some quotes from Marie Kondo:

I had a slight hope the phrase 'spark joy' might become popular, as it was the keyword that I wanted to put forward in the first place.

Have gratitude for the things you're discarding. By giving gratitude, you're giving closure to the relationship with that object, and by doing so, it becomes a lot easier to let go.

To truly cherish the things that are important to you, you must first discard those that have outlived their purpose. And if you no longer need them, then that is neither wasteful nor shameful. Can you truthfully say that you treasure something buried so deeply in a cupboard or drawer that you have forgotten its existence?

The process of facing and selecting our possessions can be quite painful. It forces us to confront our imperfections and inadequacies and the foolish choices we made in the past.

Click here for more info on her book and methods.








1 comment:


Life is goof!