Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wednesday in Florida

 I spent 2 glorious months camping by the canal at Zachary Taylor RV Park in Okeechobee, Florida.

The picture above is looking south and the one below is looking north.

I was able to afford this fabulous view because in the summer, rates are half price. However, their delightful campground seriously lacks shade. I had planned to take a more economical "inland" site, but none came with any shade at all.

Being a tree hugger, I need plants, trees and shade whenever possible.



The day I snapped these pictures, the canal is like a mirror because the locks to Lake Okeechobee were closed due to low water levels in the Lake. While many boaters do traverse the canals without going to the lake, on this day as you can see, the water was just beautifully flat calm.

However, the storms came, and came and came drenching us day after day after day, mostly in the afternoons, evenings and nights. Now the locks are open again.

It was fabulous fun!

Now I am busy repairing a looooooooooong list of boo-boos. More on that later.

It's another gorgeous day on planet earth and I am here to witness the miracle of life.

Thank you to all my fans, readers and earthly angels. You rock my world.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!