Saturday, October 13, 2018

Thrill of the Grill

From 90 effing degrees of hot humid weather to a cool 60F degrees.
Amazing how quick the weather changed for us overnight.

Sometimes a freebie ends up at my place.This grill with full propane tanks was offered to me for free when the heirs were cleaning out my neighbor's property.  I took it along with a bunch of dead plants because I wanted the pots to use. Magically many of the plants revived when I least expected it. I've posted pics of those in the past few months.

The grill sat covered up unused. Meat is so pricey, I mostly rely on dried beans for protein nourishment. Seems silly to try to cook dried beans on a grill. But who knows, maybe one day I would roast up some fresh veggies or something.

One day recently another RV neighbor said he had been on a special diet to lower his cholesterol. In his freezer were four pork chops that were taunting him every time he opened it up. So he decided that the day after his next blood test, he would cook the pork chops and savor them. He had been eating a mountain of oatmeal and beans in an effort to lower his cholesterol and avoid the drugs the doctor was pushing. He mentioned it was a shame his other neighbor with a grill had moved away because he used to cook on his neighbor's grill and share food with him.

As a joke, I said "Well I have a grill, beans and taters,  come on over and let's celebrate!"

On the appointed day he showed up and we fired up the gifted grill, cleaned the rack, spread some oil on it then he cooked the pork chops. The flame is a bit chaotic, but I guess that is what you call flame broiled!

Amazingly the chops were tender and delicious. Melt in your mouth.
He had two pork chops, I had one and doggy had some too. Yum.

Life is goof.

Here are some 60% discount codes on a few products at Amazon. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!