Sunday, March 13, 2011

Post 630

This is my 630th post on this particular blog. My other Caribbean blog rambles on for 12 something years.  Amazing!

Sometime I feel all tied up in a knot too.

Going to have to keep this short. Harley the puppy and I have been running amuck. We went to see his best buds in Orlando. It was just going to be a day trip so we could visit with both our 2 legged and 4 legged friends. 

My friends wanted fast food, something I typically avoid at all costs, as it is very bad for a diabetic.  Well, I figured I would be polite, blow my diet for one meal, surely it wouldn't kill me...

Well, it nearly did!

Within a half hour of eating, my belly seemed to swell up, then the pains, followed by uncontrollably burping, some super loud and funny. Then the embarrassing gas.  My horn was tooting at both ends, making my friends laugh, while my agony deepened. 

Suddenly I felt super tired, so I sat down in a reclining chair and fell fast asleep. 

I woke up, maybe 40 minutes later, making a hasty trip to the restroom, followed by that plop-plop, fizz-fizz stuff, um Alka Seltzer, then a quart of seltzer water, still I got worse. 

More trips to the restroom, more Alka Seltzer chased with yet even more seltzer water. 

By now the pain felt like I had been shot in the belly. I could not drive my beast (wheel estate) home again to my campground in Titusville, Florida. I was visiting and parked in Orlando, in Orange County Florida which issues $1,000 tickets to RV's visiting in neighborhoods, but there simply was no choice. Neither of my friends could drive, so we all prayed I wouldn't get a ticket on a Saturday night. 

I spent the night in the reclining chair, in my friend's house, with the puppy in my lap. He is used to sleeping a full night, uninterrupted, but poor thing, I had to get up every hour, sometimes more to make trips to the restroom, then find more liquids to drink. 

We watched their big screen TV off and on, throughout the night. I learned all about the earthquake and tsunami, rather depressing. 

By noon the next day, I poured a few cups of coffee down me, along with some garlic bread.  I headed the 35 miles back to my campground, only making 3 stops along the way. 

Now I am off to bed again, I feel beat up and wore out.   I think I must of had food poisoning, which typically lasts about 24-48 hours.  Well, if you don't hear from me again, it was something worse!  But let's hope not. 

A Big Thank You To  Angels
Who Help Support a Recovering Mermaid

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid  for only 3 cents per day
Support a Crazy Mermaid
Step 1 Make a Payment Step 2 Sign up for Email Posts (Optional)

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Subscription Delivered to your Email
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
(no spam, just the blog)
***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is goof!