Thursday, December 15, 2016

Brains the Size of a Lima Bean


Their only weakness is a brain the size of a lima bean that limits thinking to eat, bite, fight, mate and start all over.

I laughed out loud when I read that. I met a guy like that once and everyone called him "Gator". 

Now I know why.

I was reading about alligators, eggs, nests and habitats when I came across that quote.

Recently I saw an alligator in the RV park. I had heard rumors and sure enough there he was when I least expected to meet him. 

I was riding my bicycle in the right lane with my doggy in the basket when a car scared me forcing me off the road. The guy driving towards me in the opposite lane was holding up a big smart phone in front of his face with both his hands, steering with his elbows while driving and he abruptly veered over to my side of the road forcing me off the pavement close to the pond's edge and THERE was the rumored alligator. 

Dinging my little bicycle bell did nothing to alert the driver he was in the wrong lane. Sometimes I wish I had a great big truck horn on my bicycle. 

A dummy on a smart phone. Maybe he had  a brain the size of a lima bean too!

My un-smart phone is a flip phone that actually makes phone calls. I can read texts sent to me and if you are lucky, I will reply with a Yes or a No. Usually I just call you back cause it takes me about 5 minutes to figure out how to type one word and then sent it. 

However,  whoever designed my little flip phone must have a brain the size of a lima bean and possibly is named Gator, because while my phone does take pictures they are half the size of a postage stamp.

 So why did they include this feature at all? Just to say it's a camera phone? 

What good is a camera phone if you can't see the picture?

The next time I saw the alligator,  I stopped, got out my flip phone and took a picture. 

Here, I've enlarged the picture for you. 



Isn't that handy? 

Now that I've seen gator several times. I try to pedal fast around that curve which is very close to the pond's edge so I don't fall in with my little doggy who could accidentally become a tasty hors d'oeuvre.

Ho ho ho!

Amazon can still deliver before Christmas. Many packages come in 1-2 days anyhow with Prime membership. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!