Saturday, April 06, 2013

Buck Hall Recreation Area in South Carolina


On the road again today. Thankfully I have a friend traveling with me. I feel terrific, just terribly weak, but this too shall pass.  Life just keeps getting better.

It's been fun being on the intracoastal at Buck Hall Recreation Area (northeast of Charleston, South Carolina) watching barges, sailboats and power yachts traverse the waterways.

It's been an incredibly quiet campground most days.  Other days the children on Easter break this past week kept it very lively. Then the storm hit.  Many campers simply departed before their reservation was up.

A new leak in my roof!  Yikes!

We had a visitor, another RV-er in their Class C, who spoiled Monkey (his name for my crazy little dog Harley) rotten with treats and toys. The storm chased us all inside, so my RV was quite cozy with 3 humans and 1 canine as we cooked and yacked it up all day while the frigid winds and torrential rains pelted my wheel estate.

My fishing friend is often in the same vast neighborhoods I travel, so we try to rendezvous, often at the last minute.

Next we are headed for the woods to a new place I have never been before called Tuck In The Wood Campground on St Helena Island south of Beaufort South Carolina.




My birthday is coming up.  I am an Aries.  I bet you would have never guessed that!

Frances Ellen wrote:

If your birthday falls between March 21st and April 19th, you are an Aries woman: fiery, energetic, independent and intelligent. Your world is in constant motion. If a new challenge arises, you tackle it full steam ahead. Sometimes it’s necessary to be clever in order to accomplish your goal, but never fear, you’ve got plenty of brains to spare. Totally efficient in every endeavor, the Aries woman does not tolerate failure.

Well that's all rather flattering!  Gee wiz!  I've got a lot to live up to. Oh dear me...

After reading that, I think I will celebrate my birthday all month long just for the heck of it. Tee hee hee.

Waking up alive to this gorgeous world is just awesome. I really couldn't ask for anything more. It's the best gift ever!


Above picture is my rolling ranch seen camping at Buck Hall Recreation near McClellanville South Carolina (before the storm hit.)

Below is a map of the Palmetto Trail We were camped near the trailhead at Awendaw, on the coast. If you love nature, this is the place to be, but it's remote so don't expect any amenities beyond mother nature. This was my first visit to this campground.  I just loved it!  Harley dog and my friend also enjoyed their stay here.

For our meager needs of natural beauty and space, this fit the bill perfectly.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earth's Biggest Selection!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed my short stay with you guys. Food was great and company was excellent, especially Monkey boy! Get stronger and stay healthy this time. See you soon, I hope.

    The Troutman

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!