Monday, March 09, 2015

Sounds of Nature

I woke up alive and life is goof. I mean good.

Many many angels have been watching over me and for this I am extremely grateful and humbled. THANK YOU so very very much.

Grief is never easy.

Even my dog has sat on my bed at the corner windows, looking super sad while the skies cried buckets of rain outside. In an attempt to cheer him up, I tried playing with him. He curled up with the toys seemingly unaware of my attempts.
 Even in this picture below, Harley has his eyes at half mast, like he is afraid to be the jubilant puppy I am so accustomed to.

Typically alligators are not seen around this island paradise where I relocated recently. The only spot open was on the nature pond. Below is the view from my rocking chair.

I thought I heard alligator noises, but dismissed it as "hearing things". Then recently I heard a loud bang, like a shotgun, that sent me flying out of my chair and cursing. Who would shoot a gun in a nature park?

Well, it turned out to be the wildlife experts who had been summoned to relocate the alligator that had suddenly moved in from parts unknown. They didn't shoot the alligator, but used a noise maker gun to find him, not sure how that worked but it did.  I ran to get my camera for a picture, but when I got back, the alligator was being rapidly whisked out of the park in the back of a pickup truck.

Home sweet home for a week or so. The pond is located to the right, I can clearly see it through my front windshield. The winds have been wicked, so I have one end of my awning tied to the 8 foot picnic table and the other end tied to an iron firepit in the foreground. I was laughing during the 40 knot gusts of wind, imagining the worst, trying to explain to the insurance company how an iron firepit crashed through my windshield. Luckily, this never happened.

 Wildlife seems unafraid of me and my desire to get close enough to photograph it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Earth's Biggest Selection at your fingertips

Using this link helps a mermaid, her little old motorhome and puppy dog
We Thank You VERY much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Harley-boy can sense your grief. He can feel your energy and therefore he's grieving together with you. I pray that the angels surrounding you will be able to cheer you up.Take care ya. -PP

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!