Saturday, July 18, 2015

8 Months In A Little Old Motorhome

It only took me 8 months to do this route (shown below). The map is roughly from November 15, 2014 through July 15, 2015. All the stops are everywhere I camped. According to my odometer, I drove 2,230 miles which averages out to 279 miles per month which included running around doing my errands.

Of course I rely heavily on Amazon to deliver to my door in most campgrounds. With their competitive pricing and free shipping on many items, this has saved me a load of time and fuel. I am a member of Prime which means most of my items are shipped free in 2 days.

The new google maps made it nearly impossible to draw this map out. I had to copy, paste, knit and sew it together. Still I ended up with a little white box. I am too tired (lazy?) to fix that because I can't quite figure out how since google maps is fighting me every step of the way. This is their new improved map, it's a disaster! It does not work flawlessly at all, matter of fact it is full of many bugs and problems that somehow they think is useful. Google steadfastly refuses to allow me or anyone to revert back to the old useful mapping system. We are saddled with the new cantankerous mess. Their new mapping programs now limits one to only 10 stops, the old one allowed unlimited.

Nothing is efficient anymore. In the past, I could have whipped out this map in under 5 minutes, the new and improved system took me over an hour. Even then, it refused to recognize one of my stops, hence Cedar Point Campground is shown as VFW Road.

Common sense is... no longer common these days.

It seems the new techno nerds are bored. The old motto of "If ain't broke, don't fix it" has been tossed out with the rubbish. The new motto is "If it ain't broke, BREAK IT!"

Life is goof...

federal campgrounds, state campgrounds, county campgrounds, florida campgrounds, georgia rv parks, south carolina rv parks, north carolina rv parks

The good news is I woke up alive, it's a beautiful day and I am VERY thankful for all my wonderful readers who tolerate my madness *OOPS* my ramblings and writings.

My GPS continues to work erratically, I print out google directions, but recently they once again, gave me false information, but I reverted to my Atlas, which didn't know where I was going either. It's like I drove into the twilight zone. Can you imagine? Even the state park map on their South Carolina webpage, shows the wrong location for the park I ended up in. Or where I think I ended up...

It's a miracle I arrived at all, but I did. Of course we got lost a bunch of times because no one could agree on how to get here. But while wandering around lost, I pretended I was just out sightseeing and tried not to grind my teeth over the wasted petrol.

I am now camping SOMEWHERE and that's good enough for me. No one here but one other camper and two super nice rangers.

So all is well, fine and dandy!

For more info on prime benefits and Amazon, click here. 

3 comments:

  1. if i remember right when i tried to find cp, well all i found was vfw road never did find the campground. using google of course. you can't get there from here. hell you can't even there from there using google. i usually try to find websites of where you have been. i not always current.

    sherbet. raz

    ReplyDelete
  2. zRemember when we got lost using directions from the gas station guys and hand drawn maps? Technology brings back the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hate the new Google maps. Love your blog, we just got back from a month long 64oo mile trip from Florida t California and back via Denver and Kansas.

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!