Saturday, November 06, 2010

Where in the world is Dear Miss Mermaid?

Where is Dear Miss Mermaid?
 left Rye beach New Hampshire, headed 1,349 miles to Orlando. 18 days, 1,712 miles later, I am 1065 miles closer to Orlando.

I'm just a child of the planet, and here's where I think I went:

Left Rye Beach, New Hampshire on October 17th then
Camped out at Lamb City Campground in Lamb City,  Massachusetts.
October 18th,  Creek View Camp in Rosendale New York
Oct 19, Christmas Pines Campround in Auburn, Pennsylvania
Oct 20, Cunningham Fall State Park in Thurmont, Maryland
Oct 21, Cedar Mountain Campground near Culpeper Virginia
Oct 22, Smith Mountain Lake State Park, Huddleton, Virginia
Oct 23, Lake Reidsville Park, NC, I was super tired and the place was  beautiful, so I stayed 3 nights
Oct 26, Dan Nicholas Park, Salisbury, NC
Oct 27 Fieldridge Acres near Charlotte NC airport
Oct 28 arrived super tired, stayed 4 nights in a friend's driveway in Mauldin, South Carolina
November 1, Rainbow RV park in Taylors, SC
Nov 2, Colleton State Park in Canadys, SC
Nov 3, Hunting Island State Park, SC
Nov 4, Skidaway State Park, Savannah Georgia, super tired again, so staying 2 nights

Next, no idea...

Only 18 days on the road so far..I've driven 1,712 miles and I am still 284 miles from Orlando. I just plan my route day by day, no GPS and my AT&T internet is horrendous, so mostly just an Atlas and a 10 year old Woodalls RV Park directory that came with the motorome. Sometimes I change my mind and end up somewhere different. Sometimes google works and I can research out of the way camps and state or national parks.

I search for beautiful simple parks, I just love nature.

Well, it's time to walk the dog, soak up some beauty, then hit the road.




Dear Miss Mermaid
 relies on Angels, Subscriptions and Book Sales
THANK YOU for your support.
Step One,  Make a Payment Step 2, Sign up your Email

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Delivered to your Email!  
Subscribe to
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
by Email  (no spam, just the blog)

***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.
Hurricanes and Hangovers by Dear Miss MermaidBuy Dear Miss Mermaid's Book:

Hurricanes and Hangovers
and Other Tall Tales and
Loose Lies from the
Coconut Telegraph
by Dear Miss Mermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!