Thursday, August 16, 2018

Beauty, Hope and a Miracle



I've been busy with alternative treatments.

Exhausting.

But today a flower bloomed in my garden!

It gave me beauty. It gave me hope. It gave me a miracle!

Maybe every  thing is going to be all right.

This flower and plant came from a "dead" pot.

I think I wrote about this before, rescuing pots from the dump that had dirt and dead plants or no plants in them. Also when the heirs were cleaning up from my deceased neighbor, they gave me his one living plant and all his dead plants and pots.

I cut down the dead plants but kept watering the dirt and even gave them some plant food. 

Ironically, I got the plant food for free too. I was told I could have anything out of an old shed after the heirs were through emptying it of what they wanted,  they said "Whatever is left in the shed, go in and take all you want."

Well, I found plant food, bug spray, floor vinyl, RV parts, a bench vise, a ton of odd things that were useful.

I figured one of these days I would have something to plant  and the pot(s) would be there waiting.

Surprise surprise!

Even green weeds would be nice (and I am growing lot of green weedy things. )

It's my nature to be eternally optimistically and very hopeful and sometimes a bright yellow flower just pops up and says  "I'm alive AND you're alive!"

Life is tough but miracles do happen.

A little hope and optimism can go a long long ways.

Now maybe a master gardener will tell me what kind of flower this is.



THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments. Now if I can figure out how to respond to them life will be goof... um good!
 

3 comments:

  1. I never noticed you don't have a reply button or maybe it does't show up until I post? I have no idea what kind of flower that is but I like it, hope someone knows and names.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anything but a master gardener (brown thumb, here), but I searched on Google with your lovely photo and found that it belongs to the celosia family, but your picture wasn't quite right for those flowers shown.

    It looked sort of like a shrimp plant to me (I lived in South Florida for 36 years, but didn't really learn much about plants). So I added "shrimp plant" to the search string, along with "celosia", and up it popped. It says "celosia argentea", and is a dead ringer for your lovely bloom

    Try:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=celosia+shrimp+plant&client=firefox-b-1-ab&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=NhqGzAafAOm3oM%253A%252C-6KSUWk8LKMtbM%252C_&usg=AFrqEzeLvMo5IWYKm-M8USJxOCAPypl2hA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwje2NuWpfncAhUijlQKHad0ByAQ9QEwAnoECAMQCA#imgrc=AdyMl-nzr3LKyM:

    If this URL does not work for you, drop me a note here, or at my blog, and I will help you find it.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justicia brandegeana Lutea Yellow Shrimp Plant, commonly known as the shrimp plant or lollipop plant. Gotta love G**gle!

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!