Friday, September 18, 2009

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

"Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some ." - Robert Fulghum, author of All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

A few more quotes by this talented writer:

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world it is best to hold hands and stick together.

I've always thought anyone can make money. Making a life worth living, that's the real test.

Play fair. Don't hit people. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.

Share everything. Don't take things that aren't yours. Put things back where you found them.

Sticks and stones will break our bones, but words will break our hearts.

I've always thought anyone can make money. Making a life worth living, that's the real test.

Trying to get a grip on things here. HA ha ha! Ho ho ho! Tee hee hee!

I used to live ship shade and now things are a hopeless mess! Ugh! Time to reorganize, let go of the old, embrace the future. But not enough getting done each day.

My body just wants to heal and recuperate. That seems to take a great deal of energy, plus I am fighting left and right, with their drugs and my holistic and alternative therapies.

The doctors are certainly well educated and in an emergency, I want all of them with angels, by my side, no doubt about it . They are trained to save life and let you live longer. If my arm falls off, hell yes, I want them saving the rest of me.

But, I seem to think, for the most part, they are hopelessly brainwashed into thinking drugs are the ONLY way. Some scold and overly-lecture, just another negative fruitless effort (in my book!) They saved my life and now we battle over my future and which drugs I will and won't take.

People aren't perfect and neither are patients. I had hoped since I was dealing with a really young doctor, that their mind would be far more open to alternative treatments. But not so, my alternative suggestions for some of the proffered drugs fall on deaf ears. So I don't fill them at the pharmachy and I don't take them.

Others I am taking from the doctor on a trial basis, as yes, they seemed to have improved my life somewhat.

I'm exhausted and tired. Should I make a pot of coffee or go back to bed. I could write all day, my preferred plan of action. But alas, I am under a time line sort of to get a few things done.

I want to do 3 or 4 things a day, but now it takes me a 3 or 4 days to do a thing!

Going back to a simpler life. Do you know it takes hard work to go back to a simpler life? Good grief, it does.

My idea of a simpler life is to pick and choose a few select options for living a hassle free fulfilled life. Being a writer and hopeless artist, I long for simpler, more time to create and be. If shelter and food become very basic and thus very affordable, one can eliminate the hassle of worrying about much money and basics.

How many people waste so much of their life worrying about money? And the clock keeps ticking whether you worry or not. But if you take out the worry, then shoudn't you have more time to create?

And why the need to create? Why look at the world in a humorous way and put that to paper for others to read? Why indeed?

Well, I think the world needs more laughter!

Yes, indeed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I was at a beach bar, having a cold ginger beer, and chatting with my lady friends, who all happened to be single. A few men were hanging about, also single, eavesdropping in on our conversation (a favorite island pastime!) and one of the ladies began talking about boyfriends.

I said I was interviewing for a new boyfriend with an IQ above room temp. Well, this sent the ladies into peels of laughter. A few of the men roared with laughter too. Then when all was breifly silent for a moment, while we paused to reflect, a man spoke up and said "What was that? I didn't get it!"

His buddy agreed "I didn't get THAT either!"

Of course we all bellowed with giggles, thinking these two obviously don't qualify...

Decoupage Fish Plate


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earth's Biggest Selection!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!