Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hurricane Earl or Himmacane Earl

Ahoy!  I've been  busy watching Hurricane Earl head to my former stomping ground, the Virgin Islands.




11pm 08 29 2010


Hurricane Earl 8pm Sunday 08 29 10
Click to enlarge




Hurricane Earl 5pm 08 29 2010
Click to enlarge




Hurricane Earl 5pm 08 29 2010
Click Images to Enlarge




Hurricane Earl 2pm 08 29 10

For about 12 years, I wrote weather reports and island tales on a blog set up at StormCarib.Com.  I still supply information for the blog, though others in the islands contribute local conditions. 

I am so homesick, I miss the islands and the beauty, but I sure don't miss the hurricanes. 

The future Fiona hurricane is in the making in the middle of the Atlantic. 

Pray for the sailors, pray for the islanders, pray for the fools like me. 

Here is a favorite picture from May 2007:







Ahoy!
Dear Miss Mermaid
 relies on Angels, Subscriptions and Book Sales
THANK YOU for your support.
Step One,  Make a Payment Step 2, Sign up your Email

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Delivered to your Email!  
Subscribe to
Dear Miss Mermaid...the OTHER Blog!
by Email  (no spam, just the blog)

***You can buy a subscription without the email updates.
Hurricanes and Hangovers by Dear Miss MermaidBuy Dear Miss Mermaid's Book:

Hurricanes and Hangovers
and Other Tall Tales and
Loose Lies from the
Coconut Telegraph
by Dear Miss Mermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!