Sunday, July 04, 2010

One Bowl Hot Breakfast

Greetings!  For breakfast this morning, I made a one pot hot breakfast in the microwave. I feel so spoiled. It was delicious. 


I toss in about 3 tablespoons of yellow corn grits, followed by about 2/3 cup of water. Microwave for 3 minutes.


Add 2 raw eggs, stir thoroughly. Slice some cheddar cheese, sprinkle some Hormel 100% bacon bits over all, stir again.


Microwave 2 more minutes. If not thick enough, add one minute at a time until thick enough to eat.  Use sea salt to taste.  I also toss in cayenne pepper for health reasons.


Mine was so HOT when I finally got it to the thickness I prefer, that Harley the puppy dog was treated to a brisk 30 minute walk.  It was supposed to be only 10 minutes, but folks are so friendly here at Carthage Gap RV Park in Coolville, Ohio,   that our walk turned into a gabfest of chatting with various other campers. 


But, it was still plenty warm when I got back home. 

Yummy!  This was delicious.  


I am blessed to be fed again this lovely day. 


More recipes from Dear Miss Mermaid


Ahoy! Help support a crazy writer in her writing endeavors. 
Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid for only 3 cents per day!

Subscribe to Dear Miss Mermaid
Hurricanes and Hangovers by Dear Miss MermaidBuy Dear Miss Mermaid's Book: Hurricanes and Hangovers and Other Tall Tales and Loose Lies from the Coconut Telegraph by Dear Miss Mermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!